Carb/Throttle Body Synchronization Tool

Guest WildJackal

Is this what you meant to link to?

http://www.evoluzione.net/vitem50100.htm

50100.jpg

If so, no I haven't tried it. But I swear by the Twin-Max. Yeah, it's more than $25(by about an additional $65 if you look around :P )... but it's so easy to use, it's already paid for itself in my humble opinion B)

al

Guest motowho

I bought my Twinmax from Adventure Gear and am very happy with it. Having everything proporly synced makes a big difference

Peace

Steve G

That evol tool is a really old design. People used to uses them on older multi-cylinder cars, I would think it would be hard to get on our intakes. I would recommend the Twinmax all the way.

I agree with emry,

I have that same sync. tool buried in my tool box somewhere. I used it to sync. webers and solex carbs on Porshe and volkswagens in the early 70's. What memories! :D

Using a carb stick is easier than using the flow sync. tool. :blink:

Mike

Didn't get to finish earlier.

I like merc stick personally. I'm just old fashioned. The problem with them is that if you are not really careful you can suck merc into your engine. Not good at all. Not to metion the very posionous fumes that result. Also you have to be careful when you store them other wise they make a nasty mess. I tried the water mano that was outlined on this site and was quite pleased with how it work. Plus it was real cheap to make.

I will be buying a twinmax though, I have used it in the past and really did love it.

My Hg sticks always have a little water in the columns. I've always just ignored that fraction and read the Hg ( mercury) only. It is annoying to have the water riding on top of the column and it is never the same amount in each column.