Wilbers Racing Suspensions

RacerX

Folks, since I've been having such good luck and responses from/with the Wilbers Product line on the twin-shock Tonti frames, I figured I'd inquire about what they offer for the newer Spines/V11S'. Turns out they do offer them...

Wilbers Rear Monos

...and they seem to have a reasonable bang for the buck. I have not personally yet ridden on them, but I hear the few I have spoken with seem very pleased.

They are a custom order shock only, and are running about 3-4 weeks from date of order.

Just FYI,

Todd

They do look nice, but will that piggyback reservoir fit up in where the Spine's have their shock mounted? This is why our OEM shock has a remote reservoir, because it's so tight in there.

It seems like it would be a tight fit, even if the reservoir was mounted sideways, unless perhaps airbox was removed :huh2:

wilbers1.jpg

al

They do look nice, but will that piggyback reservoir fit up in where the Spine's have their shock mounted?

Al/All, The shock pictured is *not* the actual V11S unit... just a generic mono unit. I'll see if I can get the actual picture of one, or if Dave just buys one... Heh.

Thanks, Todd

Guest dkgross

heheh Todd..

I think what I'm going to do is put a hold on any mods until about mid July when I take a LONG trip on the Guzzi. Pretty damned sure SoCal will be on that itinerary.

Me and Mr. VISA card will just come by your place and have a party. Of course, I will give you PLENTY of notice to order parts.

So, should these be better than Ohlins, or only cheaper? What sort of price are these?

cheaper,

a low budget alternative to big Ö

clearly better than the Kayabas mounted on most Jap bikes

and probably better than the Boge unit on our sports.

Pricing seems to be about in-line with Penske and Ohlins from what I can tell :huh2: The top-of-the-line Wilbers with remote preload adjuster is about $850, which is about what an Ohlins costs.

I've not tried to price the Ohlins without the remote preload(like the OEM Ohlins shock), so that might be an advantage these offer if they are more competitive for that niche... I dunno :huh2:

And the less expensive models, without preload adjust, etc.. are about the same as the less expensive(no high speed damping adjustment) Penske.

Seems like nice products though :thumbsup: I like how it appears that they have compression and rebound adjustment on one location near eachother :luigi:

...another great option :thumbsup:

al

Pricing seems to be about in-line with Penske and Ohlins from what I can tell  :huh2:  The top-of-the-line Wilbers with remote preload adjuster is about $850, which is about what an Ohlins costs.

I've not tried to price the Ohlins without the remote preload(like the OEM Ohlins shock), so that might be an advantage these offer if they are more competitive for that niche... I dunno  :huh2:

And the less expensive models, without preload adjust, etc.. are about the same as the less expensive(no high speed damping adjustment) Penske.

Seems like nice products though  :thumbsup:  I like how it appears that they have compression and rebound adjustment on one location near eachother  :luigi:

...another great option  :thumbsup:

al

:nopic:

:nopic:

This is the one for the Aprilia Futura:

(€ 615,-)

Wilbers Federbeine werden individuell nach Kundenwunsch gefertigt. Ihre Daten ( Fahrergewicht, Einsatzweck, Sozius, oder Gepäckbetrieb ) werden bei der Fertigung, Abstimmung und Einstellung berücksichtigt.

WILBERS Competition mit schlauchverbundenem Ausgleichsbehälter

Vor allem der Ausgleichsbehälter mit seiner Low- und High-Speed Druckstufenverstellung macht aus diesem Federbein einen echten Wettbewerber für die härteren Einsätze. Aufgrund der Platzverhältnisse (Unterbringung des Ausgleichbehälters) wird das Federbein mit einem Behälter am Schlauch geliefert.

Dieses Federbein bietet dieselben Technik-Merkmale und Einstellmöglichkeiten für Federbasis, Zug- und Druckstufe im Low-Speed- und High-Speed-Bereich wie sein Pendant mit aus dem vollen Aluminium gefräster Aufnahme. Der Unterschied liegt lediglich in der Verbindung des Ausgleichbehälters. Diese wird bei diesem Modell durch einen Gewebeschlauch sichergestellt. Das macht dieses Federbein zur idealen Alternative für Straßenmotorräder mit Platzproblemen. Denn durch den flexiblen Schlauch ist eine Anbringung des Ausgleichsbehälters dort möglich, wo Platz ist - z.B. am Rahmenheck, wo auch die Anströmung durch den Fahrtwind für zusätzliche Kühlung sorgt.

Optional: (nicht bei allen Typen verfügbar- bitte anfragen )

mit hydraulischer Federvorspannung + 205.00 €

mit Höhenverstellung + 100.00 €

Extremely rough translation: (German "natives" please correct me if I'm wrong...)

1st paragraph:

Wilbers Shocks are made to customers specs indvidually. (Weight, usage, etc.)

2nd paragraph: a bunch of marketing blabla

3th paragraph:

Fully adjustable preload, compression and rebound damping and a lot of other BS

4th paragraph:

Optional:

hydraulic preloader + € 205,-

height adjustment: + € 100,-

artikel_picture.gif

Think! Think buddy, think......

I'll give you a hint.

Front, mono and the little one.....

one-two-three

YES. 1-2-3

Well, on the LeMans.... you can only fit TWO ;) I am going to assume the "little one" in your quote above is the steering damper, making "number three" :whistle:

Unfortunately though, the Ohlins steering damper will not fit any of the faired bikes, due to the wind deflector around the fork legs, and the fairing itself. This is why even the Rosso/Nero Corsas still have the Bitubo steering damper, but bikes like the Cafe' Sport do.

I've tried to fit 2 different Ohlins dampers, and Mike Stewart tried an Aprila OEM Ohlins damper that was a bit smaller, but basically any twin-tube design is too wide, and most aftermarket units are too long to work.

I'm sure one could find a single tube make other than Bitubo that would fit, or you could modify the damper mounting to the frame of the bike, or similar... to get something like an Ohlins to fit.... but as stock, it won't :unsure:

...so again, with the LeMans, the only Ohlins you'll be fitting are the forks and rear mono shock.

al

P.S.

....and on that note, I'd actually love to hear about steering damper alternatives for the LeMans, or perhaps how/if someone has made an Ohlins work(and what part#). Has anyone found a good alternative?

I've already had one stock Bitubo "blow up" on me, squirting oil everywhere, so it would be nice to have one that is more durable.

I don't think the damper is all that necessary on the 2002+ bikes, as they seem quite stable, but I feel that it "doesn't hurt"... just a little insurance :thumbsup: