Quiet single plate clutch

guzzi323

I've got a new wrinkle for us single plate clutch sport guys (Rosso, Scura, etc.) My clutch has been no problem and had the standard (for us) noisy in neutral with clutch out since new. The bike has a little more than 20K miles on it and over a few weeks the clutch got quiet in neutral. I actually like it quiet but with the occasional Scura clutch exposion stories on these forums it's got me just a wee bit concerned. If I pull the clutch in a little the noise appears and if I pull it in all the way it goes away like it always did.

Anybody else out there have that many miles on their single plate Sport clutch?

I'm telling myself it worn off clutch material cushioning the bits that used to rattle. That sounds good, right? :unsure:

Any thoughts you folk have to offer would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Not having a bike with the single plate clutch, I can't relate to the noise issue they make. I can say that the gearbox rattle, with the clutch not depressed, would probably be the same regardless of clutch design.

Ciao, Steve G.

I'm telling myself it worn off clutch material cushioning the bits that used to rattle.

That sounds good, right? :unsure:

:thumbsup: yep, it's definitely that, no question, bound to be

...is that what you want to hear? :lol:

Yes, thanks. It's always nice to have some support.

I guess time will tell us for sure.

As a side note, these Guzzi's sure are built like tanks. Somebody backed over the Scura yesterday. It was backed into from the right side and it pivoted over the sidestand which dug a nice hole in the soft asphalt. The clutch lever broke and the bars are bent a wee bit but that seems to be the extent of the damage. It looks like the his bumper pushed on the cylinder head.

He's taking care of everything so in the end no real harm done.

:bier: