gearbox V11 le mans 2002

dowieze

And here is a photo of the issue with the tab being too long, and my dirt-biker-level of remedy.

So much fun reviewing that thread. We did good work, gentlemen (especially @Chuck the engineer). And there were so many entertaining side-bars in that thread, like the whole metric/inch conversation. 

Seems the problem could be a inch-spec spring in a metric bike... :grin:

• Haha 5

7 hours ago, Scud said:

Trimming - I set up a little template and used a cutting wheel on a dremel tool.

Length/interference - I don't think the issue was with the cover. I think the interference was with another moving part. The "right angle tab" only needs to be as long as the thickness of the part that it rests on. I might have posted a photo in the re-engineering the shift spring topic... but that could take hours to find...

I asked only because some of my springs have a cut end on the bent arm and some a ground finish.

Having trouble coming to terms with one of the Chuck/Scud springs ended up in that condition almost immediately after fitment. Something other than the spring is wrong here.

Phil

3 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

I asked only because some of my springs have a cut end on the bent arm and some a ground finish.

Having trouble coming to terms with one of the Chuck/Scud springs ended up in that condition almost immediately after fitment. Something other than the spring is wrong here.

Phil

Maybe you got some from springs from two different batches. Inventory management system is quite poor here. It consists of a cardboard box and plastic bag.

I agree that something else is wrong. That spring died a violent death, it didn't wear out.

• Like 2