stuff, leaks and fairings

Guest d.starling

Guest d.starling

a couple of things , first i've got some leakage from the back recovery oil line, where it meets the back of the pan. when you look inside the line you can see radial cracks in the metal fitting- i don't believe i'll have any kind of catastrophic failure, like the possible breakage of the line. but right now it drips like a 1970 triumph. it's possible the line was cranked down to tightly by the mechanic at the time of trans recall work. anyway just consider this FYI. next, about 8 years ago i put a lemans 1 fairing on a honda cb1000 aka "the big one" it took a little work with the fiberglass but it turned out really nice. i was wondering has any one yet tried to do this with the v11sport. i was looking at photos this afternoon of the fairing on the lemans 1 and overlaid it on to a photo of the v11 and it seems to work pretty well only needing a little work on the fiberglass. this small cafe fairing happens to work very nicely with the lines of the sport, and it also happens to be the most attractive small fairing ever used on a production bike, there is nothing else like it. If anyone is interested you can find these fairings at airtech. and lastly i finally got my power commander "situated" and it runs great. the front wheel comes up in first (not a lot) but up all the same. izz good ! what is it about this bike that keeps my attention, i'm not sure but with my v11 i seem to have a relationship instead of merely owning the motorcycle. also as my elder brother says "it needs me".

Like this one?

I did purchase the fairing and windshield. The problem is besides cutting out the headlamp hole larger, when mounted the windshield comes in contact with the gauges.

I think I read that Jaap had purchased the fairing from inteam like the one in the picture. Is that true Jaap?

Thanks,

Mike

Guest d.starling

yes mike like that one. it really looks nice and your color match is spot on. it's a better look than the stucci. the stucci is to top heavy. although for a small fairing the stucci works quite well.

I think I read that Jaap had purchased the fairing from inteam like the one in the picture. Is that true Jaap?

That's the one... :wub: Can't wait to put it on my LM...According to Inteam it's a bolt on job. They restyled it to fit the V11.

:nopic:

yeahyeah...If all goes well I will receive the fairing this week... finally!

And then :pic::pic::pic: