warranty

Guest davidb

Guest davidb

As soon as I got my V11 home from L.A. (410 miles) I ordered parts and started modifying it to the way I want it. I put bags on it .At 600 miles I did a break in service. The nearest dealer is 150 miles. I changed all the fluids and filters with OEM that I purchased from MGcycles. I removed the back flow valve, vapor canister (like the beemers) and opened up the exhaust. After another 400 miles I find the rear main seal is toast. It leaks bad. I am curious how MG backs thier warranty and if I have to put everything to stock to have it worked on. Or am I shit out of luck and have to do it myself. Which means when (if) the trans fails, then there is no warranty. What has been your experiance with MG warranties.

What has been your experiance with MG warranties.

I think it really depends on your dealer & how hard they will push MGNA. My dealer ( MPH ) replaced my front rotors & driveshaft under warranty. The front rotors took awhile ( 2wks :o ) I wouldn't think you would have any problems , regardless of the dealer. The rear seal failing that soon is obviously a factory phuck up, and I can't see how any of your mods would have an affect on the rear seal. :huh2:

P.S. MPH also replaced my tach too. A lot of the same stuff has been replaced by many here & not always with the help of a dealer. I know for some the bottom line is the price of the bike, but for me having a top notch dealer has made owning a Guzzi a pleasure :thumbsup:

I had one of the three year warranties on my 2000 Sport. I must say the dealer and MGNA replaced everything I ever had the least trouble with. My mods to the bike made no difference.