Tick Tock Where's The Clock?

tikkanen

Spending at least two hours a day on the raod commuting to and from work (110 kms/70 miles) there's is one thing that I miss: A clock!

I have plans about fitting a cheap bicycle watch, i.e. ciclosport, VDO etc. (yes, I used to be a fairly competitive bicycle road racer) on the dash board as the Scura one's are all rubber mounted. Any other ideas, hints or..????

Thanks in advance

Søren Tikkanen, Denmark

Lots of us have fitted clocks, some are just old wrist-watches velcroed onto the triple/bars somewhere, where others are bicycle clocks, or MC specific jobs.

I personally got a clock and thermometer from Formotion Products and like them very much.

http://www.formotionproducts.com/

Guest rrbasso

You may not like my answer but go to your local HD delership, I work at one and we have a vast selection of clocks from 5.00 to 50.00 $ from stick on, to bar clip to the nice indeglow with a custom mount. (on the nice indeglow one the pitcher 0n the box is a V11 with one) :whistle:

You may not like my answer but go to your local HD delership, I work at one and we have a vast selection of clocks from 5.00 to 50.00 $ from stick on, to bar clip to the nice indeglow with a custom mount. (on the nice indeglow one the pitcher 0n the box is a V11 with one) :whistle:

Yep, Formotion makes several of the clocks/thermometers that HD sells... and rebadges as HD items ^_^

...or you can get them direct from Formotion, your choice :huh2:

:D

Guest jerroldt

I have a Formotion clock and thermometer on my Le Mans. The clock is super accurate as well as the liquid filled thermometer. My problem is that the thermometer is influenced by engine heat and is only accurate at the start of a ride. Anyway, they have a trick look and balance things out.

Going to the HD dealers in Europe is like

"give us all of this month's salary for every little thing in the shop".

Over here new Harleys are sold exclusively to people with too much

money and too little common sense. Prices for spares and accessories

are adjusted to that fact.

Guest Marcel

Just added a very small Louis clock to the top of the riser on my bar.

It was 10 euro and doesn't look bad, as it's very small (about a 50 cent piece). It's not intrusive. I'll make a pic tonight and post it. The Louis page is below.

Louis Moto Detail Clock

Guest Thundering Subash

I went to my local Radio Shack and picked up a digital time and temp clock for 5 bucks. It's a key chain fob type, that I just clipped to the clutch resevoir bracket. It's not real pretty, but does the job. :bike:

I have a Formotion clock and thermometer on my Le Mans.  The clock is super accurate as well as the liquid filled thermometer.  My problem is that the thermometer is influenced by engine heat and is only accurate at the start of a ride.  Anyway, they have a trick look and balance things out.

Hrmmm, where do you have your thermometer mounted? Mine doesn't seem affected by the heat from the motorcycle, at least not noticeably.

Although any vehicle mounted thermometer is certainly subject to it's own "bubble of air", and if the vehicle has heated said "bubble" up a few degrees than ambient, it will show :huh2:

You are lucky you have one of the new liquid filled units though. Mine is the second generation that at least doesn't sling the paint off the needle(like my first two, replaced free under warantee BTW :thumbsup: ) ... but mine still "dances" quite a bit when the engine is running. It's readable, but you have to "interpolate" the median of the vibrating needle :P

al

Going to the HD dealers in Europe is like

"give us all of this month's salary for every little thing in the shop".

Some crusty bikers told me "HD" stands for " Hundred Dollars" as every thing to buy for the HD costs that much!