Jacket

Guest robbrugg

It's hard to say but I would assume it's a 1973 with that frame and engine number it will give you a date of manufacture on the VIN plate ie mine is December 1972 and the engine number is 300 before this one

58706[/snapback]

Early sports ie the first 150 have VK 111150 as the maximum number but model spec's can vary depending on what Guzzi had to hand that day!

I purchased a Bates leather jacket in 1984 and I still have it.

Very well made...the color has faded a bit over the years but all the stitches have held :thumbsup:

back in the day, it seemed every professional roadracer or dirt tracker wore Bates. They seemed to fade from the mainstream back in the 80's. My thinking is when other companies started doling out big buck endorsement contracts, Bates chose not to play that game.

A visit to their store in Long Beach is a treat. A rack along the wall has leathers worn by famous racers like Roberts, Sheene etc...or at least it did when I visited in '84!

Guest ratchethack

Phoenix?! Vanson fully perforated, full body armor jacket and pants. :thumbsup: Good to 120F across the desert (just don't stop...) :grin:

Well as far as ALPINESTARS goes and ICON, If you do ebay here is one seller that has got these in incredible prices.

FLYING BRIAN shop

I have ordered and paid last Monday a Alpinstars jacket, a pair of pants and some gloves (a total of over $640 inkl. postage), asked EMS postage and the packet has just arrived to the post office here in Greece in 4 days. As soon as I get it on my hands I'll post a report to you more if you are interested.

His service so far IS excellent , and I am waiting forward to get the clothes and complete my opinion about it. I'll order a couple of stuff more i guess if everything is OK.Even paying overseas EMS express postage the prices remain a steal.

Kushitani are top notch and so do the Alpinestars as well. .

Actually ,to my opinion,Alpinestars motorcycle clothes, have one of the best styling and quality on the market

Alright,Alpinestars lth Jacket,pants and gloves arrived at correct size as ordered and in ,fast, time :thumbsup: as well,I couldn't be more satisfied and so I ordered some more.

Yes I'm nuts :grin: but 2 is better than 1(in such case) plus I got them half price of what it would cost to get them same here in a shop,plus have some different ones, so what the heck , lts roll the ball :thumbsup: !! B)

I have a dainese th1 leather jacket that I really like a lot. I know Dainese is expensive but I hear its about the best you can get, plus you stay with the Italian theme...bike,gear,helmet. I use AGV for the helmet & leather pants. Until next year when I have a little extra $$$ for the Dainese pants anyway. Phoenix is too hot for leather 90+ percent of the time though. Dainese still has the good hot weather body armor if armor is what you need. I have the tights with the knee/shin/hip armor that you wear under your jeans which is nice plus its discreet. Like anything else your personal tastes & budget will dictate whats best for you.

If you absolutely positively must have the best available, price not a consideration, and leather is the priority the group is small. In no particular order, Nankai! Dianese! Kushitani! Manx! Bates! Vanson!

Ciao, Steve G.

Alpinestars is about as Italian as you can get.Perhaps but not a rule but, can be a bit cheaper than Dainese(yep Rossi and co. got to be paid from somebody in their endorsements), but in Quality are top of the bill IMHO better than Dainese for their price.

I was in a shop and tried some dainese, appart from the fact that they didn't fit to me so well; (5.10'' with 44'' chest) in some expencive Dainese leathers I could see the leather had grainy look-quality and a bit hard, no,c022.gif

a real good quality leather has to be very smooth in touch and the softer in "shaping" the better (taking also in mind the thickness of it)

Of course I have seen some top of the bill quality Dainese leathers but their price-features didn't excite me

Style and fit though ,definatelly,is a metter of taste of cource, but be carefull guys you if you don't want to pay other people's endorsements ;)

IXS is also a new quality competitor on the market today, few others as well stated before.