ohlins settings

Guest freddy

Guest freddy

as i visited ohlins.com, i could constat they describ every settings for their shocks. And as i find difficult to get good settings with security at high speed in curves. I'd like to know if you (rosso corsa and scura owners) modified your settings and how.

For my self, i find more safety to have less compression and less preload on fork than standard and less compression and rebound on rear schock.

What's your opinion,

if interrested i can see my settings to compare. :luigi:

Guest freddy

sorry but i didn't find enough informations on past posts.

I have a v11 scura, and my weight is about 70 kg

I have been recently experimenting with my Ohlins set up and have settled with the following:

Rear Shock: Preload 2 clicks stiffer than standard. Compression and rebound left alone.

Front forks: Compression increased by 2 clicks over standard. Preload and rebound left alone.

I found the standard set up at the rear initially too soft and the bike was a bit like a comfy but slightly wallowy jelly. The bike is now much taughter and turns faster.

I guess these things are a matter of taste but this works for me!

Regards

Guy

:helmet:

antonio,

talking abou forks or what?

What do you mean with 105? the travel lenght?

I might have my ohlins forks for sale in the future. I want a shorther one, and radial brakes :grin: .

You are worse than I... just can't leave well enough alone for long can you :D

:lol:

BTW, Todd is supposed to be getting some high end Marz forks with radial mounts soon. So stay tuned to Guzzitech for details.

al

antonio,

talking abou forks or what?

What do you mean with 105? the travel lenght?

I might have my ohlins forks for sale in the future. I want a shorther one, and radial brakes :grin: .

Paul,

I surely have some interest in your Öhlins. Yes I do!

You know Paolo, don’t you???

He sends me a mail with the msg he has a radial Öhlins to sell.

Try to contact him.

polen02@libero.it

(that's what I mean)

Hi antonio,

I did contact paolo, in the first mail he said he had the radial, the second he said he only had scura forks.

These look like the ones I have, but as if they did not extend fully, because the 105 is 120 with mine. and the lenght is also to short. Mine are 770 from top to centre axle.

Something wrong internaly? Ask the number on the inside of the bottom, that gives where it was made for. It's an fgxxx number, mine are fg313

Hi antonio,

I did contact paolo, in the first mail he said he had the radial, the second he said he only had scura forks.

...yeah, I was wondering about that, as none of the production Guzzis currently have radial brakes, and up to now, Paolo's supply has been from OEM Guzzi Ohlins bits :huh2:

I got my forks from him as well, and can give him a positive endorsement for anyone thinking about buying from him :thumbsup:

al

i have tryed a 999 R with the radial brakes 100 mm by brembo with ohlins fork and radial master cylinder, it is just incredible regarding the standard brembo !

Really impressive and not talking about the 108 mm brembo for race use ...

i have tryed a 999 R with the radial brakes 100 mm by brembo with ohlins fork and radial master cylinder, it is just incredible regarding the standard brembo !

Really impressive and not talking about the 108 mm brembo for race use ...

I wonder if these would be better for doing stoppies :huh2: