G'day folk's.

Well after the wee issue with the battery from not riding her for awhile I've been riding as much as I can of late.So yesterday after taking the wife shopping I thought I'd take a ride and see Dad ( about 100 kays away ).The rain front seemed to be moving through but still a bit gloomy ...ah what the hell bugger the wets!

So gassed up in Warragul and came across a wee Breva 750 and a Norton Dommie ridden by Hubby( ?) on the way back to Drouin and the road to Lang Lang.So I'n not the only idiot out an about...

All was well bike and me running great and enjoying the twisty bits weather even holding out!

Then we get to the highway and bugger me I start missing the odd gear change,hitting every pothole and bump in the road and feeling generally beaten up! Has the front end developed a slight wobble? Do I need to rethink my suspension settings ( just as I thought I had them sorted ) and of course as we're down by the coast now it's blowing a gale and the first of the showers start rolling in...

Well for all of this I'm still glad I took the bike....

So after seeing Dad I fire the ole tart up and head for home and right on queue the rain starts again...

Van Morrison's song or line DAYS LIKE THIS pops into my head as I head up the street.

Well a few kays further and the rain clears there are no mystery wobbles in the front end and the suspension is fine still.I stop at the clowns arches for a bite before hitting the good bits home. It took care of the pangs of hunger as not eaten yet and it's 1.30pm.

My patience was rewarded with a clear run through the fun bits home and we nailed it.. ha ha everything went just so and what a ride! Even the weather held out and temps in double digits now too ( just ).

Ahhh home, shower and propped up in front of the fire with the wife and only a couple of hours to wine o'clock.....

So what was looking like one of those days turned out to be a bit of a ripper.....

Cheers Guzzler

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1