installing neutral switch

AndrewGuzzi

I couldn't find the torque spec for the neutral switch although I did find a warning of the importance of the correct torque.

I ended up putting the bike in first gear, installing the switch with a fresh crush washer and tightening it 1/6 turn at a time until my ohmmeter showed no continuity between the switch terminal and the switch body.

Shifting back into first made the terminal short to the ground so I'm optimistic.

Andrew in Ann Arbor

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AndrewGuzzi said:

I couldn't find the torque spec for the neutral switch although I did find a warning of the importance of the correct torque.

I ended up putting the bike in first gear, installing the switch with a fresh crush washer and tightening it 1/6 turn at a time until my ohmmeter showed no continuity between the switch terminal and the switch body.

Shifting back into first made the terminal short to the ground so I'm optimistic.

Andrew in Ann Arbor

"Shifting back into" [neutral] makes the neutral light come on and pulls in the middle/#3 Relay?

On 4/11/2023 at 7:18 PM, docc said:

"Shifting back into" [neutral] makes the neutral light come on and pulls in the middle/#3 Relay?

Correct sorry for the typo.

Shift into first, tighten the switch until you get continuity to ground. Then check that shifting back to neutral opens the connection to ground

• Thanks 2