What are your dyno run results?

F344

Did you notice the difference between the two rpms for the power outputs. Theya re probally both right at 7500 the motor produces 87hp and at 7800 the motor makes 91hp. Obiously crank figures the 1100 sport punches out around 75hp at the back wheel with termi system and Flat slides the two valver hasn't changed radically since then.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to add my 2 pennorth!

Back in the early eighties, on my 750S3, I had Agostini big valve V7 heads with polished rocker arms & a pair of luvverly Dellorto PHM40s. S&B airfilters ( Remember them? :D ) teamed with a one off two into one made by a bloke wot made exhausts for works rally cars. I had the P3 Cam too! It sounded awesome, ran sweetly & went very well. Dynos weren't available to Joe Public in those days. I can only say it gave a marked lift over standard performance. Seat of pants, I would guess at around a 10hp gain at the rear wheel.

I then made the mistake of putting in a LMII lump & fitted the same equipment. It had a heavier flywheel & was a lot noisier so that required further silencing work. It never was as sweet as the lighter flywheeled 750 & was harder work to hustle. In retrospect I should have used the shorter throw 750 crank teamed with Spada pistons. I reckon it would have given me a short stroke 850cc or thereabouts. I think that would have been sweet! :mg:

So I like lighter flywheels, they make the bike feel less lugubrious ( Nice word that! :thumbsup: Look it up if you aren't sure ^_^ )

That said I wish I could be sure that these single plate efforts aren't going to depart in spectacular fashion! :o

Nige. :helmet:

I keep saying this but I'll say it again. Dynos very, operators very. Don't get too excited about the numbers. The best use for a dyno is measuring change. If the dyno says you had 70 RWHP and now you have 77 you have a 10% gain. Another dyno could measure the same bike as making 75 RWHP stock and 82.5 modified. The important thing is you gained 10% more power, not the exact number. I've seen the same bike differ more than that on two dynos. The most common dyno in the US is a dynojet, they are notorious for being optimistic, I don't know what they use of the other side of the small ocean.

Just trying to keep a little reason in a world obsessed with numbers, :grin:

Lex

At 3500 rpm already 78 HP…

35067[/snapback]

You have 45 hp at 3500 rpm, not 78 hp. However, very nice curves anyway. A lot of torque and power already at low rpm. The top end does not look bad either.

BR, Juha

• 3 weeks later...

I got my dyno last night. I didn't get a print-out because George shut everything down while I was on my test ride. So, I don't have exact numbers. But I watched the whole time, and if memory serves, I peaked at 70hp and 65 torque -- I don't know at what rpm's though. Not bad for a bike like mine.

Guest aj howard

Could some one please explain to me how Buell gets close to 100hp out of the Sportstar engine?? Please.

Here is the sportrider dyno run for the bike

post-1153-1099014901_thumb.jpg

They have dyno charts for all sorts of bikes but dang.. how can they get so much HP out of that sporty engine?? :blink:

• 3 months later...

Here are the results of a recent dyno run for my Rosso Corsa.

I am running Mistral silencers / Stucchi crossover / lidless airbox with K and N filter element. Custom PC111 USB map was produced by Hobbsport racing in Keighley, UK.

Motor has around 7000 miles and it otherwise standard. I am particularly pleased with the increase in torque throughout the mid range, which is very noticeable when riding it.

Peak torque is 71.9ft lbs and peak rw power is 78.7bhp. ECE correction factor was 0.942.

Guy :helmet:

Guest vkerrigan

And just to throw another variable into the mix.......there are two measurement standards for HP....DIN and SAE. Here in the US its mostly SAE. I'm not sure of the conversion factor, but I'm told that a DIN reading is higher than SAE......vk

Guest Michael Derby

I am not an expert by any means. I just had the usual outer work done to my bike, x-over, PCIII, Titanium's, Airbox removal - k&N's. I had mine custom mapped and DYNO'd by a Ducati racing boutique shop here in Atlanta. From what I was told, DYNO's can be set to read high, and often are set to read high or sometimes manipulated to make runs seem much higher than they are.

My results were a major increase in torque, and about 5 HP accross the entire power band, but topped out at around 79 rwhp. Again, my mechanic told me that you could have that examined by AMA for a race and it would be dead on, which is the way their DYNO needs to be set, becuase they set up Duc's for racing teams and groups in the southeast. He found it hard to believe that you could get 90 rwhp out of that engine without major major work.

Of course he also said that most people fret with HP numbers and have no idea what they are talking about and that HP usually has very little to do with driveability, how fast you can ride through a curvy road, etc., especially with street riding. He said my bike if driven by a very competent rider could keep up with any other bike going through Deal's GAP. That for street riding at this point, my bike comes down to the rider and not having 10 more HP at the top of the rev range. For what it's worth, btw I ride a 04' Nero Corsa.

So who knows, I would probably hurt myself if my bike had any more power.