Tank pad

Yam350

Apologies if this has been asked before. I’ve recently bought my old V11 back and want to fit a Givi tanklock bag. When I owned the bike before I made an aluminium “horseshoe” to raise the locking ring above the tank pad, however I gave it to another member when I sold the bike. My question is has anyone removed the pad and replaced it with a flush cover or is the later tank compatible with my 2002 model?

Are you referring to the pad that prevents the tank to be scratched by eventual zip actuators?

The photo below shows what I understand by "tank pad". Right below the filler cap of the tank.

01 Stop 27 Navasota

No it’s the foam pad which runs from the front of the tank to the filler cap. It’s raised about half an inch above the tank. Later versions didn’t have it.

Later tanks fit the 2002 LongFrame. Yet, plan on changing the fuel line routing as you will remove your external pump and filter and plumb the internal pump/filter/regulator of the long tank that has the smooth top (no "chin pad").

Thanks doc, other than the afore mentioned plumbing I assume the later tanks are a direct replacement. 

• Like 1