Cruise (not Tom), or no Cruise control: which is it?

I’m very seriously thinking of adding an electronic cruise control to my GRiSO.

After this  recent run down to Florida, to catch a couple races and see an old friend, my right hand was sore for a week. It’s been done before, I just dislike cutting into the factory harness to make the relevant connections.

The aviation explanation is it. Minimize the mental task load.

Autopilot lite, as it were.

• Like 1

I know someone has done it. @Moto maybe? I was thinking of doing the same because of all the bling and trickery on modern RBW machines the only one other than ABS that I would really like would be cruise. I simply haven't worked up the enthusiasm to do it yet though and since I've been riding Grisos since 2006 I tend to think the likelihood of me ever getting enthusiastic enough is probably pretty slight!:lol:

• Haha 2
On 3/18/2024 at 3:10 PM, mikev said:

my v11 came with a mechanical cc left of the throttle, i thought it interfered with the throttle rotation so i got rid of it.  

Me too....it wasn't the "high cam/cold start assembly" though, it was a commonly available chrome plated rusty friction type piece of 5#it. 

• Thanks 1

Exactly, enthusiasm is what I’m currently lacking as well. That and the estimated $400-500 and the free time to get it all done. I have enough roadworthy machines that I can take the GRiSO off the road for a bit of time, yeah time.

Yes, Moto and a couple others have added electronic cruise. Moto even provided a good wiring diagram with an explanation of the whys and wherefores. I just hate cutting into the factory harness.

As far as throttle locks and such, friends have given me a couple different types but none of them ever felt all that comfortable. They seemed to get in the way more than I’d have liked.

• Like 1