Exhaust

Guest erikhorton

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GGuzzi
This is true, they have a beautiful finish much like the Feraccis. In fact they look almost identical. The Mistrals are much coarser. Although the M4 and the Feracci appear to be 'wrapped', the Mistral is solid cf about 4mm thick.

T :thumbsup: hese bikes all sound great with some pipes!

Outstanding!!!!!!

I wonder if anyone has run straight pipes on their V11? That would be so cool sounding!! Just like the MotoGP bikes!!

I tried that when my first attempt att a 2into1 system exploded

and I had to get back home. If you think a Harley with straight pipes

is load, think what twice the RPM will do.

MotoGP bikes revs much higher still and the sound level of those beast

make weak men :vomit:

Guest CafeRacer

Regarding straigh pipes, I wonder if our bikes don't need SOME backpressure to work well. Fueling on bikes with straight pipes is a PITA.

Regarding straigh pipes, I wonder if our bikes don't need SOME backpressure to work well. Fueling on bikes with straight pipes is a PITA.

Depends on what you means by work well.

Maximum peak power is not helped by backpressure.

Of course you would need to adjust the FI map for

a configuration like that or it will run very lean.

Guest erikhorton

Well, I'm looking for a whole lotta sound. I thought I wanted the Galassetti's, but after talking to some guys that had them, no. Then, I decided on the FBF route, I called to order, and Ferracci has no idea when they'll have any due to a change in manufacturer. So now where should I look?

Guest gooddog
I wonder if anyone has run straight pipes on their V11? That would be so cool sounding!! Just like the MotoGP bikes!!

enzo is running what is as close to straight pipes as possible. cobra pipes and they are LOUD. His bike sounds like a V8 muscle car. if you email him, i'm sure he will explain the philosophy of exhaust experimentation till your ears fall off.

I saw screws on the back of the Lafranconi carbon cans on my Scura.....

Does this mean I can get in there & let it breathe a little freer?

Nige. ;):luigi:

No.

(Besides, if you get in there, you'll just block it up solid and neither it nor you will breathe at all.)

But seriously no – it's only a decorative end piece. You would have to cut your way in. With the carbon looky-likey sleeve, if you take the end off, it's a real pig to get back on into the sleeve because of the angle of the end pipe.

Guest erikhorton

Ok, I bit the bullet and went with the redneck's advice and purchased the M4's with a Stucchi. I've got the FBF airbox and PCIII on their way as well.

Now, somebody PLEASE tell me I did the right thing. I'm not good with spending this much money behind my wife's back. :unsure:

Ok, I bit the bullet and went with the redneck's advice and purchased the M4's with a Stucchi. I've got the FBF airbox and PCIII on their way as well.

Now, somebody PLEASE tell me I did the right thing. I'm not good with spending this much money behind my wife's back. :unsure:

I strongly suspect that Ferraci has their pipes made by M4. They surely look the same. If it's true then you're OK. :D

I saw screws on the back of the Lafranconi carbon cans on my Scura.....

Does this mean I can get in there & let it breathe a little freer?

Nige.  ;)  :luigi:

No.

(Besides, if you get in there, you'll just block it up solid and neither it nor you will breathe at all.)

But seriously no – it's only a decorative end piece. You would have to cut your way in. With the carbon looky-likey sleeve, if you take the end off, it's a real pig to get back on into the sleeve because of the angle of the end pipe.

Cheers for the info.....

That sounds like the voice of experience........I'll not bother then! ;)

Nige ^_^