front forks

Guest warsaw

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poser?

This forum is the only place where I'm called a poser, maybe it's true. If this means, that when I park my bike, and I enjoy seeing that people are looking at my bike, it's true. And when I had my 1000Sp, not so much people were looking. I put a lot of time in the daytona, and am very happy that I've been able to build my dream bike. A bike is for me not only a way to ride from a to b. I'm a technician, I like to work on a bike. I like technical solutions. And I love design, the italian way.

The most "poser aware" parts came last on the bike, the forks and PVM wheels. The PVM wheels, were on my wishlist for 9 years, since I had the bike. The öhlins were a coincidence. But I must say, these parts were the only real changes this winter, transformd the bike in a great way. Much more as expected.

The light wheels make the bike much easier to get of it's line. A nice thing in a corner. I realy have to get used to that, but it feels great. The forks are the first time I can notice any diference when I adjust a setting, With the marzochi it didn't matter how the dails were set. It is pretty soft, I think I go from 90 to 95 to get it right. But the almost absence of slip stick makes these forks do it's job so good.

And ofcourse, if the price is worth it everyone has to decide for themselves. But for me if I had to choose one thing to upgrade the first would be the forks, because the riding fun from it. Not because the gold color. And If I had to pay full listprice I wouldn't have done it.

Since I'm a poser, I put a picture of my bike in the Speedzilla forum, a place with no Guzzi content to see if they liked it. Look for yourself.

Speedzilla

Guest Gary Cheek

Paul ,a poser ? you ? Oh well I didn't see where that was stated that but if you insist ...have it your way.

PM Quote:

"And ofcourse, if the price is worth it everyone has to decide for themselves. But for me if I had to choose one thing to upgrade the first would be the forks, because the riding fun from it. Not because the gold color. And If I had to pay full listprice I wouldn't have done it. "

As far as the Ohlins , you and I have been in complete agreeement on that subject . If others were to read more carefully they would have realized it before jumping .

Guest John T

Paul,

You are hardly what I would call a poser. The things you have done to your bike make it better and more functional.

Yes, I have Ohlins and Dymags but I feel they make the bike better. (for me at least)

Yes, I like tinkering on my bike also.

The most expensive things I have done to the bike no one can see. (head work, Carrillos etc)

I am guilty of putting on the odd piece of CF but again I like it and I like when people drool over my bike and not the R1's Gixxers and Ducati friends that I ride with. I'm not out to impress anyone but I do appreciate the positive comments.

Call me a poser if you want but I think the real posers are the ones who pretend to be someone they are not.

The badass biker and the Ricky racer come to mind.

Look, I love my bike and I treat it to the best I can, it is a hobbie and a love affair and it is also different from most other bikes out there. Very few non functional "do dads" make it on my bike.

Maybe these people are just envious of the bikes they do not have. :huh2:

Well, Göran called me a poser( twice!), and you, Gary had something about image.

Sometimes others see you different then what's in your head. So maybe they have a point.

And with the öhlins, now I've tasted it, I will do it again. Also when they were black:-).

OK.

I called myself a poseur.

If modify my bikes to get great handling and nice look

and then being proud about what I built - it nice when

people like what they see. That was what I meant.

It is a bit like art, even the most introvert artist do

strive for appretiation of his fellow man (and woman!)

Some of you guy certainly ride more miles than I do,

but the garage time is part of my motorcycle experience.

And for all hour us tinkers get dirty in garage refining things on

our bikes during long winters :luigi:

I think we can be allowed to look good during summer :pic:

The bad side of poseur-ing:

*buying* an image/lifestyle takes little of imagination, skills

or creativity.

Now if I just can get my exhaust together I can post pictures

of this years winter project. :homer:

Guest Gary Cheek

PM Quote{

"Well, Göran called me a poser( twice!), and you, Gary had something about image.

Sometimes others see you different then what's in your head. So maybe they have a point.

And with the öhlins, now I've tasted it, I will do it again. Also when they were black:-)."

........... Or more likely they missed the point . The language was clear there was no Ohlins bashing made or intended . I'm not responsible if a defensive reaction clouds the reader's grasp of a given statement.

Yes I made an "image " comment . However the conditional "if" would be an important qualifier allowing you to decide whether the shoe fits. Image is a lot more than posing in any event . I realize of course the Ohlins have a lot more potential than the other stuff . That was never disputed . If it was ,show me .

Glynth,

Nice comments . I love to wrench on the stuff too . The Winter here gives a few days not really fit for riding so tinkering and modifying eases the down time .

During the working day we build concept cars , lots of opportunity to exercise the imagination ,not too many off the shelf parts involved .

It is refreshing to come home and do the same thing on 2 two wheels rather than four .

I really appreciate your attitude about imagination . It is refreshing to see original parts and concepts as opposed to a purchased parts pile with a paint job !

The two wheeled world is diverse . The home brew bikes reall add to the sport .

I take a great interest in all bikes new.old ,Euro,North American ,Asian -whatever . The variety of owner/riders is another strong attraction for the sport .Sports, Scooters , Bad asses, Ricky Racers , Posers , Loners ,whatever all have a place in the sport

Looking forward to seeing the new exhaist .

Maybe we should rethink the red background color on this thread? You're all pawing the ground... If you don't stop this nonsense I'm going to extended forks and make a chopper out of my Sport or give it the Earles-type from my Ural and show you all who's a poser. These accusations of poserdom are making this sound like an H-D forum - who's the real, original biker...

These accusations of poserdom are making this sound like an H-D forum - who's the real, original biker...

:bier: Well said!

I'm closing this topic as it has nothing to do anymore with the original posting. If you still feel the need to reply, let me know and I'll reopen it.