SKAGIT PowerSports just got a Dyno !

robbiekb

For the Seattle area folks...

I finally got around to talking with Renton Motorcycle Center about their new Tuning Link Dyno. They are not able to do Moto Guzzi's because the don't have the required exhaust adapter. They have no plans to purchase one either since it's too small of a market. Such is the life of owning an "exotic." :mg:

Randy

They are not able to do Moto Guzzi's because the don't have the required exhaust adapter. They have no plans to purchase one either

i had no Idea that there was a separate exhaust adapter for every kind of motorcycle & exhaust system made. Are you sure somebody didn't blow smoke up your ass ?

By exhaust adapter do you mean exhaust gas analyser probe? If they only have a single probe for Japanese bikes then all they need to do is analyse it twice - once for each side. It does take twice as long but then they can charge you more. It does sound like they are blowing smoke up your ass because otherwise they would have to have a probe for every Akrapovic, Yoshimura, etc. exhaust system made.

I agree, it's just a "wand" that slides up into the end of the exhaust cannister, and they only "need" one.

Maybe they are talking about some sort of screw in O2 sensor, but that's a pretty standard size(or three) so they wouldn't need a large assortment.

But then again, if a bike ran a closed-loop EFI system, and consequently had an 02 sensor, I don't think they would want to take the 02 sensor out to insert their own :unsure:

Anyway, something isn't right here.... dunno what exactly, but it sounds like maybe the guy you talked to didn't know what he was talking about, or maybe you misunderstood :huh2:

Odd.... but it would be interesting to know the whole story.

al

So Skagit Powersports just took delivery of a dyno, oh and they also carry Guzzi.

They are currently doing a special $50 for 3 dyno runs, this includes tuning your power commander !!!!

WOOT !

If you plan on getting your custom map set up done there, say hi to Cassandra the sales manger for me :)

OK, I guess we'll see about Renton, but what about Skagit?

Did anyone ever find out if they are actually a Certified Tuning Center?

(Heh, I guess no one is stopping me from calling them myself :rolleyes: But then again, I don't live up there yet :P )

al

Oh, I'm sure it's highly likely they were blowing smoke up my ass. I asked him how the exhaust sniffer would differ from the one I have on my home machine and he said they buy different ones to handle different types of exhausts. He said the "part" that Dyno Jet showed for the V11 sport was different from ones he had on hand and that they didn't want to buy it because it only fit Moto Guzzi and he didn't get enough in to make it worth his while.

Maybe someone on this list has one of these dyno's and can verify this...although even if it were not true I don't think i would try to push the issue with them. Either they are idiots or just don't my business...either way I think I will look elsewhere.

Randy

Guest dkgross

randy..I went round and round with a few different dealers in town about doing the Dyno on the Guzzi.

I went up and met George Dean. He was MORE than confidant that he could make a killer map for my bike. The map that Todd shipped with it is pretty damn good, but, like you, I want it 'official'. And, short of shipping or riding my bike to Todd's palce, we're hosed up here for an 'official' job.

that being said...I'm hooking up with George next week when A)he gets back from Laguna Seca and B) I get back from Vancouver Island.

I WILL post all results, pics, etc as soon as I can.