Dealer Bashing

Guest davidb

Guest davidb

How much time should I give a dealer to start work on my bike (warranty) before I start bashing them? I made a appointment on May 26, they said to bring it in on June 19th, and they have not even looked at it yet. This kind of crap never happened at the dealers with my other bikes. With this kind of support, I will sell it when(if) I get it back and buy another beemer. I like the personality of the bike, but to ride it one week and wait ? months for repairs isn't going to cut it. Pretty soon I will have to post this dealer.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be honest with you, my bike has also been in the shop since June 23rd and I go to a Dealer that consistantly wins awards for excellence.

I know it can be frustrating but when I purchased my bike I knew i'd made a conscious decision that I wasn't buying a bike that had a phenominal dealer or supply network. These are much smaller volume machines and we pay for that exclusivity to a certain extent. My friend bought an R1150R, he loves it, I kinda found it boring, he doesn't understand why I write my bikes flaws as "character" :)

With the recall the Dealer has to have the parts in the shop before they can perform the work on your bike. If you dropped off your bike and then they sent away the recall informaiton to MGNA, it would take that amount of time.

Hi David,

Hopefully someone will be able to help you out, and offer some advice.

Maybe you can post some more information of the situation and dealer so that folks in the area might offer some perspective.

Good luck :thumbsup:

al

P.S.

My bike spent a total of almost 3 months in the shop last year if I recall. In the end, it was really "fixed" by those in this community, including Mike Stewart coming over my house on his own time and tinkering. It's run like a top ever since :bike:

Ok, well I do need a new battery :lol:

Hi Dave -- I think the other posts sound about right but still darn frustrating. Try calling mg in georgia @ 678-238-0902 as another step. might help. couldn't hurt.

good luck. :(

Guest davidb

I called and talked to the customer service lady. She said that since I had a "appointment" that 3 weeks was way to long to start work and that she would call them up on july 13th today is the 15th. no word yet. I still have the beemer though. I rode it to Sandpoint Idaho and back in 3 days. BTW the shop not to go to is California Speed shop in Livermore.

David

I won't comment on Speed Sports..

I have had great service from Munro in San Fran... The service guy there is Brendan, and he has managed to do small fixes on the spot when I drive in.. like changing a bulb, or relay.... When I bought the bike from them they would not let me take it until they did the transmission recall.. I only had to wait a week...

cheers, Tim

Guest davidb

I have contacted Munroe motors. I will give cal speed a few more days until I make the 200 mile round trip to move the bike to the Munroe shop.

David,

What kind of warrantee work does your bike need?

There is also a Guzzi dealer in Sacramento that might be able to help you out that is closer to you.

Good luck,

Mike

Guest davidb

rear main seal is out. I would have to pull the engine. It looks easier than to A-frame the bike to get it from the transmission side. If they don't work on it within 8 weeks, I will get a attorney to handle the warranty and bring it back home. Also I have the paper work to file a complaint with BAR.