Dealer Bashing

Guest davidb

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest davidb

Update: California Speed Sports in Livermore called on the 27th of july and left a message that they are working on the V11. Thier hours are 11 to 6 pm tues thru saturday. I called Saturday 6 times throughout the day and got a answering machine. I guess they need a extra day off.

David

for what its worth, I was next door to Speed Sports at the bicycle shop on Friday, and noticed that Speed Sports was unloading a bunch of Aprilia and Guzzi demos..

They ran a demo day on Saturday...

Cheers, Tim

• 2 weeks later...
Guest davidb

Between the engine and transmission cases. It comes out that little weep hole under the cases. I might just pull the engine and fix it myself this time if mgna will let me without voiding the warranty.

I don't think they CAN void the warranty if you work on your bike. If you screw it up, sure; but not if you work properly. Otherwise, if you changed your oil, replaced a tire or whatever not using the dealer, then the warranty would be void, right? Don't quote me, though.

I am very sorry to hear about the problems you've been having with this bike. I also hope you are documenting every little detail in case it gets worse. And mostly, I hope it gets fixed, because the spine frame is really a good bike.

Good luck,

Jason

• 2 weeks later...
Guest JohnG.
It never ceases to amaze me how some dealers can drive the nails into the coffin. It seems that some of them have never heard of repeat customers, or how to obtain them

TX,I know...they just cant seem to see what they're doing wrong and expect you'll be back...not me,DIY from now on :bike:

• 1 month later...

The dealer fixed it this time (one week turn around) and he mailed me a exhaust clamp bolt that fell out. I am no longer pissed off at them, but I will take it to a more experianced dealer next time if I have major problems with it.

• 1 year later...

ok...i know you all seem to be in the USA but.....you should try being a m-g dealer. you get sod all back-up from the importer...with the exception of the odd very good member of staff....but most of the problems come from people at the factory. bikes dropped and then put into crates for shipping?what is that about? wheels not secured in the crate damaging the rest of the bike ....and then you put in a warranty claim with pictures (still in the crate i might add)...and then....they reject the claim....warranty parts that you order......and then take 3-4 months to arrive?....bikes that appear on the www.......before you as a dealer are even told about them?...bikes being available in europe 3-4 months before they appear in england....so punters go and buy them in holland....being promised that a bike WILL be delivered on tuesday....and it turns up....3 weeks later and then....the wrong colour.....and damaged to boot.....being promised (after many phone calls)that YES you will have your bikes before everyone else (cos you have deposits on 8..we ordered more!) then you are the last dealer to get any?....YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH GRIEF A DEALER GETS...FROM BOTH SIDES .and yes i am a dealer(holding a shitty stick at both ends). :mg:

That probably explains why many dealers drop the Guzzi franchise- after all they are running a business.

I can't say enough good words about my local dealer Moto Strada in Shipley- Jason who runs the place is a good mechanic and warranty claims are never a problem.

Guy :helmet:

That probably explains why many dealers drop the Guzzi franchise- after all they are running a business.

I can't say enough good words about my local dealer Moto Strada in Shipley- Jason who runs the place is a good mechanic and warranty claims are never a problem.

Guy  :helmet:

68885[/snapback]

yep, jason is one of the good guys,ask him how hard it is as a dealer.OR talk to jeff at colwyn bay for the other side of the story.

On the other end, if it wasnt for my favorite dealer( Moto International), I would probably be riding a H...a, so, as thankless a task it may seem to be( being aMG dealer), there are many of us out in riderland( including the USA) who ride Guzzis not simpy because of the love of the brand, but because the dealers make it possible...great service breeds customer loyalty...

• 3 weeks later...