GMD Computrack

docc

Has anyone used Computrack to tune the V11 frame alignment? I've just checked mine by using a builders level that projects a lazer line. The front is offset 12 mm( ! ! :o:o ).

No wonder the rear tire is wearing so quickly! :(

The front is off to the right . Looks like I'll be hauling it to Atlanta friday to let Computrack have threir way with it. Off comes the body work, fenders, lights and instruments.

I couldn't get 13,000 on a tire hauling it on a trailer!

Has anyone used Computrack to tune the V11 frame alignment? I've just checked mine by using a builders level that projects a lazer line. The front is offset 12 mm( ! ! :o:o ).

No wonder the rear tire is wearing so quickly! :(

What happened BTW... is the bike used, or had it been in an accident?

...or just a manufacturers defect?

al

Last September I slid into the airdam of a BMW sedan . Replaced the bent swingarm and everything seemed to bolt up just fine. 5000 miles later I think the bike could be better. I readjusted the swingarm recently by centering it ( see the Swingarm Pins thread) and got a nasty headshake. That and the accelerated tire wear caused me to apply the lazer and find the offset.

The lazer is pretty neat. It's a simple builder's level with a battery powered lazer in one end which will project a line. With the bike on the paddock stand I propped the level against the rear tire on a stack of CD cases and marked the floor beside the front tire.

Docc,

Could it be that the rear wheel is moved to the left on all V11 Sports to make clearence for the driveshaft? :huh2:

This would make sense but I do not know for sure. Perhaps Paul knows?

Mike

The driveline is certainly moved to the right ( about 12 mm , coincidentally) but I can't imagine the tires don't follow one another. :wacko: Also, it's my front that is off to the right. But you had me going there for a minute . . . I need a drink. :drink:

I am still hoping for all input before heading to Computrack in Atlanta on Friday. The Sport is stripped and ready for their measurements and correction.

Some may not have seen the V11 like this: