Workshop Manual

Ballacraine

There is a Guzzi workshop manual, it carries specs & measurements but it's not very detailed or helpful when it comes to taking things apart & it's pretty expensive. There is a MG parts book. I don't know of any Haynes/Clymer style dirty fingers manual. There is Guzziology which you may know. Don't know if he's got it up to covering the V11's yet? Mine stops at early 1100 Sports...

There's a lot of knowledge on this forum...

KB :sun:

Guest rrbasso

Hi I have found with the Guzzi manual and my Guzziology you can tackel most problems but they do go hand in hand, :helmet:

Is there a decent workshop manual available?

Nige. :blink:

Nige,

Check this homepage

I've downloaded a manual for my Scura there. Good luck!

PS: Sorry about the blunder about the screen for your Scura. I have mounted a LeMans fairing on my Scura, as I'm a lanky fellar. See the pics on the gallery/V11 mods.

Cheers

Søren Tikkanen, Denmark

I checked out the link above "homepage" and could not get through. So I took our 2 of the slashes in the URL and it worked.

You can download a parts manual and workshop manual here:

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/v11manuals/

And then burn it to a CD at your convenience. It requires a little knowledge in web page setup, but it's pretty easy.

I bought a hard copy workshop manual from sportcyclepacific.com, and then burned a CD of the online stuff and I keep them together.

J

I checked out the link above "homepage" and could not get through. So I took our 2 of the slashes in the URL and it worked.

Thanks for correcting my f*** up, St. Augustine

:thumbsup:

Søren

PS: Sorry about the blunder about the screen for your Scura. I have mounted a LeMans fairing on my Scura, as I'm a lanky fellar. See the pics on the gallery/V11 mods.

Cheers

Søren Tikkanen, Denmark

No problem!

I was a little puzzled at the time!

Nige. :lol:

DAve Richardson at Moto International is the writer of Guzziology. I knwo he was working on a new version of his book. You might want to call there or email to see what his release schedule is.

Guest jerroldt

I got a parts manual today form Harper's for my 2003 Le Mans although it is for the 2002 model year. I think that most everything is the same except for the in-tank fuel pump. I plan to get a workshop manual and a copy of the updated Guzziology book for Christmas.

• 2 weeks later...
You can download a parts manual and workshop manual here:

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/v11manuals/

And then burn it to a CD at your convenience. It requires a little knowledge in web page setup, but it's pretty easy.

I bought a hard copy workshop manual from sportcyclepacific.com, and then burned a CD of the online stuff and I keep them together.

J

Thanks for the link but......

Nah...I downloaded it...Frigged around with it....

Can't get anything useful out of it....

Must need a Phd in websites, I suppose! :(

Jaap's CD he sent me arrived smashed!

Still struggling here! :huh:

Any other flashes of inspiration or links, please?

Nige. :unsure:

I got a parts manual today form Harper's for my 2003 Le Mans although it is for the 2002 model year. I think that most everything is the same except for the in-tank fuel pump.  I plan to get a workshop manual and a copy of the updated Guzziology book for Christmas.

Having recently done an extended parking lot comparison of a 2002 and 2003 Lemans, there are a number of visible changes. Who knows how many we missed being so distracted by the single malt and the red-neck girl being arrested . . .

The front exhaust crossover was new for '03. Also there may be a different voltage regulator. The rear caliper mount is through drilled and the locator pin is safety pinned on the inside of the caliper mount. The tank, fuel pump, filter , low fuel sensor and petcock are all different. Seems like the switchgear changed at some point. For sure the instruments and speedo cable changed.

This may be a bit fuzzy from the presence of the '04 Ballabio which also had some changes . Still, a quick look at these parts will confirm for you which are different from your '03.

Someone posted this on the topica forum earlier. It has some manuals, some parts books. I haven't really looked it over and I don't read Italian very well, but I noticed '2002 Lemans' somewhere.

http://officina.moto-guzzi.it/

Perhaps we should add a 'FAQ' for manuals? I'll try to put something together.

J