Workshop Manual

Ballacraine

Ballacraine,

Try these instructions. I just set it up on a PC, so they should work:

Here’s how to set the V11 cd from yahoo up. If you mess it up, don’t worry about it. Keep the .zip files, trash everything else, and start over.

Make a folder on your hard drive and name it “v11 Manual” (C:/v11 Manual)

Download the following file (found in the ‘files’ section on yahoo) into the “v11 Manual” folder.

v11cd.zip (855 KB)

Unzip the v11cd file and it should make a folder called ‘v11cd-folder’ that has some files in it. Rename ‘v11cd-folder’ to ‘v11cd’. Open it up if you want. Go to the Windows menu, View-->list to see the files.

Download the following files to your desktop (or any folder other than v11cd)

css1.zip (4 MB)

css2.zip (2.5 MB)

img1.zip (2 MB)

img2.zip (3 MB)

tree.gif , this shows the directory structure you are going to make.

I use Stuffit Expander for Windows, but unzip should work as well.

Unzip css1.zip, to give a folder called css1-folder

Unzip css2.zip, to give a folder called css2-folder

Similarly img1.zip and img2.zip to give two folders named img1-folder and img2-folder

Next is consolidation and building the directory structure you need. We’re going to move a few files around (no big deal) and create a nested directory (no big deal).

In C:/v11 Manual/v11cd, make a new folder and call it ‘gb’ (C:/v11 Manual/v11cd/gb)

Open gb, and in it (C:/v11 Manual/v11cd/gb) make a new folder and call it ‘v11’ (C:/v11 Manual/v11cd/gb/v11)

Move ‘css1-folder’ into the ‘v11’ folder (C:/v11 Manual/v11cd/gb/v11/)

Rename it to ‘css’

Now move the ‘img1-folder’ into the ‘v11’ folder (C:/v11 Manual/v11cd/gb/v11/)

Rename it to ‘img’

Move the *contents* of ‘css2-folder’ into the folder named ‘css’ (C:/v11 Manual/v11cd/ gb/v11/css/)

Move the *contents* of ‘img2-folder’ into the folder named ‘img’ (C:/v11 Manual/v11cd/gb/v11/img/)

Throw away the now empty ‘css2-folder’ and ‘img2-folder’

Open the css folder, and move the file called v11.html into the gb folder (C:/v11 Manual/v11cd/gb/) . You may need to open two windows to do this, or copy v11.html to the desktop first, then into the gb folder. Now, when you look in the folder called ‘gb’, you should see a folder named v11 and a file named v11.html (the file may not show the extension- it will look like an internet explorer ‘e’ file).

Go up one directory to v11cd, double click on the file named ‘inizio.html’. You should be good to go.

Ballacraine,

Try these instructions.  I just set it up on a PC, so they should work:

Here’s how to set the V11 cd from yahoo up.  If you mess it up, don’t worry about it.  Keep the .zip files, trash everything else, and start over. 

Make a folder on your hard drive and name it “v11 Manual” (C:/v11 Manual)

Download the following file (found in the ‘files’ section on yahoo) into the “v11 Manual” folder.

v11cd.zip (855 KB)

Unzip the v11cd file and it should make a folder called ‘v11cd-folder’ that has some files in it.  Rename ‘v11cd-folder’ to ‘v11cd’.  Open it up if you want.  Go to the Windows menu, View-->list to see the files.

Download the following files to your desktop (or any folder other than v11cd)

css1.zip (4 MB)

css2.zip (2.5 MB)

img1.zip (2 MB)

img2.zip (3 MB)

tree.gif , this shows the directory structure you are going to make.

I use Stuffit Expander for Windows, but unzip should work as well.

Unzip css1.zip, to give a folder called css1-folder

Unzip css2.zip, to give a folder called css2-folder

Similarly img1.zip and img2.zip to give two folders named img1-folder and img2-folder

Next is consolidation and building the directory structure you need.  We’re going to move a few files around (no big deal) and create a nested directory (no big deal).

In C:/v11 Manual/v11cd, make a new folder and call it ‘gb’ (C:/v11 Manual/v11cd/gb)

Open gb, and in it (C:/v11 Manual/v11cd/gb) make a new folder and call it ‘v11’ (C:/v11 Manual/v11cd/gb/v11)

Move ‘css1-folder’ into the ‘v11’ folder (C:/v11 Manual/v11cd/gb/v11/)

Rename it to ‘css’

Now move the ‘img1-folder’ into the ‘v11’ folder (C:/v11 Manual/v11cd/gb/v11/)

Rename it to ‘img’

Move the *contents* of ‘css2-folder’ into the folder named ‘css’ (C:/v11 Manual/v11cd/ gb/v11/css/)

Move the *contents* of ‘img2-folder’ into the folder named ‘img’ (C:/v11 Manual/v11cd/gb/v11/img/)

Throw away the now empty ‘css2-folder’ and ‘img2-folder’

Open the css folder, and move the file called v11.html into the gb folder (C:/v11 Manual/v11cd/gb/) .  You may need to open two windows to do this, or copy v11.html to the desktop first, then into the gb folder.  Now, when you look in the folder called ‘gb’, you should see a folder named v11 and a file named v11.html (the file may not show the extension- it will look like an internet explorer ‘e’ file).

Go up one directory to v11cd, double click on the file named ‘inizio.html’.  You should be good to go.

Wow....

Right...That looks comprehensive enough.....

I'll give it a whirl & let you know.

Thanks very much for your trouble!

Nige. :notworthy:

Excellent instructions JRT. I have just persevered and got this working. It has to be worth a bit of time folks, as I paid £90 for just the printed service manual section of this.

Thanks to the 'Janet & John' walk-through.

It Works.....WooHoo! :drink:

Very much appreciate your time & patience, J.

Yes, I do think it would be useful as part of the FAQ.

Thanks again to all, especially to J.

Regards,

Nige. B):bike::luigi::luigi: