Perfomance Mods

Guest robbrugg

Guest robbrugg

I've had my 0e1 Naked for a few weeks, and am ready to mod this thing. There's 2800 miles on it (400 from me), so it's ready to be injected with some steroids.

Here's my plan:

1) FBF airbox kit - ordered today

2) PCIII

3) Cans - suggestions?

4) Crossover

5) Jet-hot pipes (chrome/black)

6) Pistons (FBF) - experiences?

Is this a good progression?

I'm curious what other options are available too...

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the FBF airbox, valves and 11:1 pistons. Also Mistral exhust and crossover plus PC III. I love it all but the pistons are the greatest asset. I don't believe it is any faster in a straight line but the midrange is incredibly boosted and the throttle response is amazing. I have also found about a 5 mpg increase in fuel consumption. i am going to try a Stucchi crossover because I have heard they are better for top end performance but I'm really happy as it is now. I can loft the front wheel with just throttle now in first gear - not what many people expect from a Moto Guzzi.

I have the FBF airbox, valves and 11:1 pistons. Also Mistral exhust and crossover plus PC III. I love it all but the pistons are the greatest asset. I don't believe it is any faster in a straight line but the midrange is incredibly boosted and the throttle response is amazing. I have also found about a 5 mpg increase in fuel consumption. i am going to try a Stucchi crossover because I have heard they are better for top end performance but I'm really happy as it is now. I can loft the front wheel with just throttle now in first gear - not what many people expect from a Moto Guzzi.

Proofs Jim, proofs! We wanna see the pics! :lol:

PS: Your mods sound good; I may go down the same road as I also miss a little more grunt from the Mandello porker.

Søren

how high are you talking when you say "loft"

The best i can manage with my weight and ride position is around 6-8" or so before the bike bangs against the rev limiter, upshifting with that little front wheel up causes it to drop again once im in 2nd. A wee tad more power or less gut on me (i'm 190lbs) and i might be able to "get it up"

**laughs**

robbie

hmmm... this got me thinking - 2ng gear wheelies (though small ones) in second on my Scura is easy enough, so....

Since I bought it - I am happy witht it, rather than go for more performance, I am trying to find out what had (if anything) been done previously - I don't want to lose the settings with regards to FI, TPS etc.

Are certain models more responsive than others - straight out of the crate?

I would not lie to yu guys (you are all far to btight to catch me out) .

:ninja:

Nice pic :)

You must be lighter than me, i'm goign to have to start to cheat and stand up a bit when i'm hoisting the wheel **laughs**

I get my bike back today. I'm pretty stoked !

Proofs Jim, proofs! We wanna see the pics! :lol:

PS: Your mods sound good; I may go down the same road as I also miss a little more grunt from the Mandello porker.

Søren

Street credibility! Respect dude! Yo! :bike:

Søren

PS: Yes, I do have teenage sons :D

Hey - thanks for the comments all. I have to admit I really like doing wheelies and I DO know that it is not good for the bike but I also know I can order parts if I break it. I hate to admit it but I weigh 100 kilos(220lbs) so I guess that is why I am so impressed with the performance gains of the 11:1 pistons. I also want to quantify that I can't always do the second gear wheelie carry through. It is more a matter of luck for me - but I have done it a few times and it is sooooo gratifying. Again I want to stress that anyone who wants incredible throttle response can have it but must use the highest octane fuel available - the 11:1pistons are the best mod I have done to my bike.

I hope to have better pictures and a video for you all some day soon.

Guest John T

All I see is the front mounted oil pump looking for oil and pumping air to the crank and everything else. Looks like an expensive trick! :luigi:

All I see is the front mounted oil pump looking for oil and pumping air to the crank

If that is so then please don't ever accelerate with your bike because all the oil will rush to the back of the engine and it will blow up!

So far it is a cheap trick and I guess until you have tried it you will never know. I intend to enjoy my bike and I hope you all enjoy your bikes.

Guest Brian Robson

But Jim, remember that those wheelies only cancel out the "overoiling" caused by those stoppies :lol::lol: ...I imagine all of that extra oil rushing forwards and being wasted on the crank and main bearings <_<<_<