your left oil cooler bracket

bento

If they are not ferrous they will eventually break!

eventually, everything breaks

I've had both sides break. While I was waiting for the back ordered right side (how the hell does MGNA manage that anyhow?), I made a temporary bracket out of 3/16 ABS plastic. It held for two months before breaking. After that I used coat hanger wire until MGNA eventually supplied a new part. At $8 each, I wasn't about to pursue the warranty issue for fear that the part would be delayed an extra year or two. The brackets are still fine although I've basically broken the entire rest of the bike. :lol:

The brackets are still fine

.. for now, but just wait...eventually...you'll see...

Last year when I lost both my brackets within 45 miles, between Grand Coolee Dam and Tonasket, Washington, it was the left one that broke through first. Perhaps the unique vibration characteristics of this machine are producing more severe vibration cycles on the left side bracket.

I still get pissed off thinking about this application. What kind of engineer would use thin guage aluminum for this task? Surely this was a cost saving move forced upon the engineers by the accountants. I really, really hope so! So much for saving 5$ per bike on this one. It probably cost 25$ per bike to get these bikes in question rectified. And I think we can rule out the use of aluminum as a weight saving measure, something that would be utterly pointless on a sport-touring/cafe racer type bike, more understandable perhaps on a full-on 600cc "crotch rocket".

Ciao, Steve G.

Guest Bruce

Both of mine let go around 3k miles. Within a few weeks I recieved two rights! Well at 8500 miles the right is still doing fine as is my rig for the left ( 1/2 inch renforced rubber pad ) but the left is still apparently being made.

" Sorry sir, there will be a slight delay because the Chinese have bought all the steel in the world. It shouldn't be long, perhaps a year or two. "

And where is Monty Python when you need them?

" Sorry sir, there will be a slight delay because the Chinese have bought all the steel in the world. It shouldn't be long, perhaps a year or two. "

Maybe I can help out,

attached a view from my livingroom window