good news bad news!!

Guest gooddog

Guest gooddog

the good news is, the bike is back! minor wear and tear and a punched ignition but otherwise as it ever was. seems as if the petty thieves who nabbed it tried to hot wire the sucker, then seeing that it was crippled, quickly gave up on the game. it was left about 3 miles from my house, not sure how long it was there, but the cops found it yesterday morn. anyway, damage is repairable and insurance will cover the expenses, schweeeet! now the bad news, i'm still looking for a shift lever replacement. Arron at Moto I has one on backorder for me, but its sold out down at MGNA and backordered from italy. you all know what that implies, quite possibly the longest wait period a moto fanatic could possibly endure. anyone out there know if their dealer might have one on the shelf? Mg cycles, Mph, and Harpers are out as well. anyone seen a salvage recently?

ray

Tried Joe Eish, 330-738-7944?

Have parts # handy.

$5 says he has it. If I'm wrong, collect at convenience in cash or beer. :D

If no one else can come through....

I can almost guarantee that Pete Morcombe at Reboot Guzzi Spares will have the part. It will be used, but cheap ^_^

I've got many odd parts from him.

Shipping will be a bit more due to its coming from the UK, but for such a small part it shouldn't be too bad.

al

Hasn't anyone started milling some aftermarket foot controls? The stock castings are so brittle.

I thought Joe Kenney was planning on making some. . .

Allright! You got it back...Dodged another bullet.

Does Joe Kenney make the shift lever? You can get it directly from him. See the accessories section - he CNCs the good fin guards.

Guest v11jap

i remember Paul minneart having a shift lever for sale on his site (check out the rabbit) might want to give him a mail

Ciao

jasper

The shift lever seems to only be sold as part of a kit

which retails for 139 euro :bbblll:

I dumped the bike (low speed) yesterday and broke the lever,

luckily we have skilled craftsmen here in Luleå:

vxlspak.jpg

TIG welding is fast and nice.

Why is these thing not made of steel? Steel bends and you just

bend it back (at least a few times) alu breaks right off.

Edited by gthyni

Guest gooddog

yep thats where it broke all right. how long do you think the welds will last? thats holding up a lot of stress, at least when you're romping on it. i do remember seeing some aftermarket controls at one time, though i'm sure they are way pricey. plus, you'd have to get the matching set. i'm going to put some requests in around the net. thanks for keeping your eyes open for me.

ray

It should hold just fine. C'mon, it's not that much stress, and if you're worried, then have the welder put a brace in it. If you have the pieces, then just have it fixed like Gthyni.

J

or you could find someone who works in ceramics. bare with me a sec...

have them make a shifter arm for your bike with ceramic, then take the mold and fill it with jp weld!!

it's that or a coathanger and duct tape... :huh2: