power commander or titanium pipes w/computer

fernando

Guest bshpilot
MPH has one set of Ti cans in stock $ 950 usd. I just got off the phone with Todd.

OUCH...and thats w/ out the cross over....

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MPH has one set of Ti cans in stock $ 950 usd. I just got off the phone with Todd.

Per an email with Mike at MPH this morning, the Ti kit he has is for the '00-'02 models, without the alternator cross over. I'm looking for the '03-'04 kit, with the alternator location crossover.

Per an email with Mike at MPH this morning, the Ti kit he has is for the '00-'02 models, without the alternator cross over. I'm looking for the '03-'04 kit, with the alternator location crossover.

I would think this would be a + as some have had a problem with exhaust leaks at the crossover. Unless there is some reason that they can't be used on a 03 & up

I bet the only difference is the air/fuel map in the ECU to take into account the front x-over on the 2003+ models.

That's how Todd explained it to me. My personal feeling is that you need a PC111 with any exhaust system , even stock. So why cant you use this earlier system on later bikes ?

.... not knowing every detail of the differences of the part #s , I would hazard a guess to agree on this point B)

al

Thanks Tx,

Too bad I already have a set of the Neptunes in the mail... I got disapointed with the Ti shortage and the rumor of not being available until the spring... :rolleyes:

I'm sure they won't last long..

Guest John T
I could find '03 kits in the states but no luck on the '02 kit...

Where did you find these cans?? I would like a set to try out. Doesn't matter what year (I will build a custom map no matter what)

Someone has these in stock???

hey john,

i was planning to give you a call this week regarding this topic.i will probably call you anyhow.

would like to maybe do this.

i am planning to FLY TO CONNECTICUT VIA NEW YORK ON AMERICAN ON 9/11.

my way of fighting back.

i will probaby see you shortly thereafter and lets talk about the conversion.

i think that i do not want to do an overkill but the pipes with the power comm. sounds too good ------to be true ???

also,alex tells me that i would have to do away with the bags if i go with the t . bags.

i saw a lemans with the t-pipes at marsh and the owner had installed them himself making room for the bags.

by the way ,hurricane charley just hit florida and we were lucky here in south fla. only a lot of rain for 1 hour and winds of maybe 30 kts. and that was it.i feel sorry for the people up in the boca grande area.

hey john,

i was planning to give you a call this week regarding this topic.i will probably call you anyhow.

would like to maybe do this.

i am planning to FLY TO CONNECTICUT VIA NEW YORK ON AMERICAN ON 9/11.

my way of fighting back.

i will probaby see you shortly thereafter and lets talk about the conversion.

i think that i do not want to do an overkill but the pipes with the power comm. sounds too good ------to be true ???

also,alex tells me that i would have to do away with the bags if i go with the t . bags.

i saw a lemans with the t-pipes at marsh and the owner had installed them himself making room for the bags.

by the way ,hurricane charley just hit florida and we were lucky here in south fla. only a lot of rain for 1 hour and winds of maybe 30 kts. and that was it.i feel sorry for the people up in the boca grande area.

....good going Fernando :bier:

WRT mounting the pipes with bags... with the hangars(actually Sport1100 hangars) that come with the Ti kit, any normal bag system is going to have trouble because of the upswept cans.

However, a person or three has mounted the Ti cans using the stock V11 hangars instead, which are longer, and keep the Ti cans at the same height, thus allowing the use of bags.

This is one good reason to keep the stock hangars in one's spares box, if you take trips every so often, and need to use side bags with the Ti kit.

al