Why would a dealer shoot himself in the foot ?

frogonwheels

Hello everyone,

I did call Meredith at MGNA.She takes care of customer relation. I mentioned first to her that I had read about the 04 model being offered with a 2 year road assistance deal and that my dealer had told me he had never heard of such a program. She acted very surprised and reaffirmed the 2 year coverage. She said all the dealers had received a full promotional package to be displayed on their showroom floor. She asked me about the VIN # and was surprised to see that after 2 weeks, the bike sale had yet still not be registered with MGNA. She knew exactly the name of my dealer and mentioned she would give him a call to start the official paper trail about my bike. She said when that is done, I would get in the mail a wecome package with the road assistance program details. When, I have no idea....

She went on to ask me about my experience with the bike. I told her about the crack in the fairing and about my dealer's attitude about it. She said she would as well bring it up in her phone call to my dealer, because MG back in Italia, will cover any and all cosmetic and body damages within the only first 6 months !!!!

I told her maybe to wait two weeks to see if my dealer would call them about my fairing on his own ( I don't want to piss him off as if I had gone straight behind his back ).

She replied she would be as diplomatic as possible with him, but the sooner a claim is registered, the sooner it will be solved !!!!

Anyhow, Meredith was extremely friendly, and while it might not get me a fairing replacement any sooner , or at all, at least I like courteous dealings.

I'll keep you up with the progress.

Terry

The dealer at Cal Speed Sports in Livermore was very apologetic today when I picked up my Sport with the leaky seal. They said it was one of the bearing flange bolts. I road it home 100 miles and guess what!!! it f#%&**(^ing leaks!!! Now what?

Guest davidb

I forgot to log in. Thats my post above. I have the leaking seal and have been trying to get it fixed since May 26th. The bike is not ridable with it slopping oil on the clutch plates. But the payments continue.

• 6 months later...

I am self-employed myself. PR is EVERYTHING in life and in staying in business.

A smile doesn't cost much and goes a long way.

What do you think ?

Terry :wub:

32602[/snapback]

I was thinking that these things only happen(pass) in Spain...

I have waited for 3 years in order that V11 Rosso Mandello was solving a gearbox problem detected by MG in V11 Rosso Mandello, but the refill it was not coming.

Ultimately I write in Italian to MG

"Come un peccatore che non rinnega il suo peccato... " (I have a Lemans III 84') :mg:

The pieces came to Italy in 3 days.

But now the problem is the competition of 5 H-D that they expect to be tuning in the concessionaire MG of Granada. The mechanic "Jose slow hands" ... possibly I will wait another year ..or 2.

The time does not have importance in the Mediterraneanjavascript:emoticon(':mg:')

smilie :drink::helmet::helmet::helmet:

• 5 months later...
I think Guzzi Dealers are stuck between a rock and a hard spot.  First, the bikes do not sell as fast as other brands.  They stay on the floor for long periods of time and cost the dealer flooring each month.  Then Guzzi dumps bikes to certain dealers for cheaper than what other dealers buy the bike for in the first place.  Then these dealers sell these bikes for way under list while the other poor dealers take it in the shorts trying to sell their more expensive product.  This usually means that they loose money on the bike.. . .

32611[/snapback]

Does anyone have any more factual info on this? How does this work? I thought all of the MG's came out of the N.C. warehouse. Only difference in cost to dealer is freight, no? :huh2:

Does anyone have any more factual info on this?  How does this work?  I thought all of the MG's came out of the N.C. warehouse.  Only difference in cost to dealer is freight, no?  :huh2:

58058[/snapback]

I don't remember the thread off-hand, but do a search on "Orange", "County", or maybe "Walmart" and you should find the thread or three on this topic. At least one is quite lengthy.

al