New pipes

Guest erikhorton

Guest erikhorton

I just installed my new x-over and pipes. I've got a left can that has a little bit of a rotation to it and a right can that's a little higher than the left. Is this normal?

I also had a hard time getting the x-over pushed as far up as I thought it should be, it hit the pivot of the brake lever before I could get it as far up as the stock x-over was.

And for the BIG question, what the h*ll is the little black box between the x-over mount and the rear tire????? I tried and tried and tried to get the little tube that comes off of the bottom with the hook on it back on and eventually gave up. Impossible with the configuration of the new x-over. What is the bottom tube/hook for and do I really need it?

After that rant, you may think I'm dissatisfied with my purchases. Rest assured, I'm not. The bike sounds incredible and runs like a scalded dog.

Hi Erik,

You're looking at your evaporative cannister. An emmisions part that is supposed to contain any gasoline vapors that want to escape from your fuel tank.

A lot of us have removed the whole affair and simply vented the tank to the atmosphere. No real performance gain but solved my tank suck problem.

Randy

Pulled mine off last week. Cleaned up that area nicely and got rid of a vent line that connects the two throttle bodies, "T" between the cylinders with a line to the canister. Used rubber nipples to cover the throttle bodies. This has been talked about several times here with different mentods on capping the TB's and what to do with vent lines. Of course, I kept all hardware in case I ever have to put it back on to pass an annual vehicle inspection that thinks that's important :rolleyes:

....yes, it often is a PITA to get everything to fit straight and even when switching out to aftermarket exhausts/x-overs. It takes a good bit of tinkering and cussing.

This is especially true of the Stucchi crossover, which seems to have a high rate of inconsistent/crooked assembly. It took me two units to get a relatively straight one, and neither would slide all the way up the headers like the OEM crossover did.

After that, it was twisting and spacers to finally get everything just right :luigi:

Here's some info on the emissions cannister:

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...57&hl=emissions

al

Guest erikhorton

docc,

I'm running a Stucchi x-over with M4 slip-ons. The x-over causes the pipes to flare out away from the bike slightly, there not parallel with the bike as the stock ones were.

Has anyone messed with making new mounting brackets?

Erik, I hope your not that dissatisfied,I too had some issues with the Stucchi x-over the front tubes fit perfect the back right flared the can away from the bracket by three inches with some persuasion and locktight after seven months of heat cycles the gap now is only1/4 inch or so.I suspect that the performance hopefully will override the quality issues.As the packing wears the sound gets sweeter & sweeter it definitely turns heads and just runs fantastic. With this said its a must to get the ECU remapped.Go have some great rides!

Guest erikhorton

OK fellas I took off the canister and all the lines attached, rerouted the tank vent line and ran a solid piece of leftover line between the two throttle bodies for the time being.

Now my only problem is that there is not power whatsoever below 3000 rpm. I'm assuming the only way to fix this is to go get a dyno run. I've got a map that closely matches my setup from guzzitech.com. I'm pretty sure I've got everything loaded on the PCIII and got it hooked up correctly. I'm not knowledgeable enough to know if it's rich or lean through these low rpms. All I know is I get on the throttle and it's nothing until the neck snap I get at 3k. It doesn't spit and sputter, just won't go.

What do I need to do?

Did it have the same lack of power before you removed the evap cannister? I can't think of anything related to that which would cause a problem. :huh2:

Be sure your TPS is set for what the PCIII map is designed for. I was having trouble with my PCIII when I first got it from GuzziTech. Once I did what a very patient Todd told me to do and set my TPS correctly...The bike runs great! :mg:

Randy

Guest erikhorton

Yes, I had the same problem before I took the evap. cannister off.

I haven't tinkered with the TPS at all. How difficult is it to adjust this?