cheap mufflers

Guest jimjib

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that they look good. I also like the longer Dunstall style reverse megaphone on that page.

So the trick is to make it fit.

What is the outer diameter of our crossover?

How much would it cost to make a pair of custom bent pipes to make it fit?

I really like Supertrapp mufflers and was considering a similar modification.

It's kind of a stretch going from a Sport 1100i image to a V11 Sport, but... thanks to the magic of digital image software, and a perverse notion to see what my Sport 1100i would look like with some Ducati style Conti mufflers, you get:

MG1100.Conti.jpg

Somewhere, on my hard disk, I have the same munged over image with Norton Commando reverse cones, but you get the general idea. The original intent was to allow for bags and to have something besides canisters hanging off of the rear end. Nice though I think these pipes look, they do complicate the removal of the rear wheel. Something to consider. However, since this is just a digital image, the eraser tool can be used to remove the wheel. :P

Guest Squashed Nose

Those mufflers look just like silencers.

I can imagine putting a pair of reverse cone megas on a Mk 2 Lemon but a V11? Surely not. I'll have to call the style police!

Guest Squashed Nose

We're talking style here. The Italians have it in bucketloads. They bolt large, oval section matt silencers to their bikes because this is what fashion demands. Fair enough, twenty five years ago chromed reverse cone megas looked cool (in an old fashioned sort of way), and should, therefore, be restricted to applications from that era.

It would be like putting a pair of fishtails on a Ducati.

Fishtails=bell bottom jeans

Cans=baggy acid wash jeans or whatever that latest bleached out look is.

Reverse Cone Megaphones=straight boot cut 501 Levi® jeans.

Some things never go out of style.

To the credit of cans, I think if the muffler is bigger you can suppress more sound and still keep the power optimized. It is hard to find reverse cone megs with 2inch inner diameter inlet and a rebuildable core.