cheap mufflers

Guest jimjib

Nope, but I do remember how he described it. At the rear of the spine there are two openings for the bottom of the oil vapor recovery area (drains to the sump) and a fitting at the top front of the spine just aft of the steering head. On the Sport 1100i, both rear "drains" are used, in the V11 Sport, just one. For the Sport 1100i the one on the right gets plugged (V11 already is) and the left one is plumbed into the fuel line where it comes out of the petcock. The top fitting up under the tank gets a vent line run up into the fairing to a location higher than the tank. Naturally, the spine needs to be rinsed clean of oil prior to this unless you want emulate a two stroke or a diesel. :P

The oil vapor line is re-routed (or replaced) with a line running up into the tail fairing where a vapor recovery canister is installed. How large this should be is something I don't know. I do know that the original post for the black Sporti was a request for information on how to return the system to stock because the canister would fill up after 600-1000 km's and then dump on the rear tire. I emailed the info to the fellow and asked what was going on. When he described the installation I thought it was about the neatest idea I had ever heard implemented on the Sport. Still do. I suggested that he just run a line from the canister back down to the sump like the original installation and eventually that is what he did, fixing his problem.

This approach to added fuel capacity to the spine frames is just calling for a nicely manufactured kit. It would be advantageous to put it somewhere unobtrusive though and not lose that toolkit space. Inasmuch as the Buell Firebolt stores oil in the swingarm, I see no reason why the oil vapor recovery plenum could not be a special construction of the rear wheel shroud.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went ahead and ordered the cheap reverse cones and will report how they worked out when I get them fitted.

I have a buddy that had a custom 2 into 1 thunderheader copy, made up for his 1100 sport. He says his seat of the pants dyno tells him power has improved almost everywhere and the sound is righteous... even draws stares from the harley crowd. Here is what it looks like on a harley.

thunderheader.JPG

If the cheapo cones dont work out...im going to try this setup....$600 US for the entire pipe.

Guest jimjib

Got them today...the quality is pretty damn good for the money. If I like them they will get painted black...along with the pipe.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, and get a load of the specifications. You can see the catalytic converter where we have a crossover. You can also see carbs where the specs say FI. I think it's beautiful piece of work, so I hope some of the European contingent on this forum can ferret out some further information.

English: http://www.megola.de/eng/engindex.html

Deutsch: http://www.megola.de/d/dindex.html

Not cheap... although fairly reasonable... Leo Vince

I know, and have seen, the Carbon oval Leo's on one LeMans, but could someone post any side and rear photos of both the Titanium and Carbon Leo's on a Sport or LeMans? I'm trying to finalize my decision...

I'm especially interested to see how the Titaniums look...

thx!

al

• 2 weeks later...

Regarding megaphones, I've got Joe at Motostrano here in Redwood City, CA looking into whether Sil will be making their current megaphones available for the V11.

They have a very attractive looking, and sounding, set for the Ducati Monsters. So it's feasible that either they could make a product, or someone could modify the Monster cans to fit.

Motostrano - Sil Exhausts on a Ducati Monster

al

motostrano_1726_8753707.jpg

Very Nice!

Let us know what you find out.

I found silmotors' website where they listed about every bike except Guzzi....

Cool Flash site though!

Motostrano also has a great site with lots of specials that make me wish I had a Ducati...