Guzzi Rendezvous- past tense in California

tomsp

:!: Carl- I totally have it all figured out! (I mean the part about the picture - I don't seem to have much of anything else figured out yet!)

Although you are apparently using a nice HUGE monitor- something like a 42" plasma or something, -- right.... you are STILL using a MAC! Well then, that just about sums it up, doesn't it...

A Mac is too intuitive and controlling to actually let you resize your own pics, etc., so it does that for you. In this instance, YOUR Mac took GuzzTim's perfectly fine pic and resized it, thus excludding the quasi-good stuff. My Mac at work does that all the time! Make sense?

I am jealous (not of the naked belly but of the ride) I was in Santa Monica this weekend shopping for a new place to live and an office. (I think i found one).

Will ya'll still be riding at the end of October ? I'm anxious to get some miles on the goose this winter in the balmy southern california sunshine

Guest Dave Pott

1st thing- Wife's name is spelled Jamileh which is pronounced like "Tequila" (for you white folks that have trouble pronouncing exotic words :lol: )

2nd thing- What a blast our ride was on Sunday :thumbsup: Was my first time meeting and riding with other Guzzi riders and did not know what to expect. And here's what I got.... a great bunch of guys, no braggadocio, no obnoxious egos and all with excellent riding skills :mg::thumbsup:

The group really ran well together and stayed tight through-out the ride(except for poor Jamileh on her putt-putt Bonneville). From my vantage point(near the back w/ Jamileh) I could see everyone riding at a good spirited pace while at the same time being safe. Nobody cut corners across the line and nobody over-cooked any curves that I could see. Looked like a whole lot of good technique going on :thumbsup::helmet:

Never thought I was one for group riding but I'd certainly ride with any of these guys again :mg:

Dave Pott

Carl- I totally have it all figured out! (I mean the part about the picture - I don't seem to have much of anything else figured out yet!)

Although you are apparently using a nice HUGE monitor- something like a 42" plasma or something, -- right.... you are STILL using a MAC! Well then, that just about sums it up, doesn't it...

A Mac is too intuitive and controlling to actually let you resize your own pics, etc., so it does that for you. In this instance, YOUR Mac took GuzzTim's perfectly fine pic and resized it, thus excludding the quasi-good stuff. My Mac at work does that all the time! Make sense?

Smart Alec... I see the entire picture, but I expected OUR waitress, not the girl in the background cut off at the belt line. The very nice lady serving us was the owner BTW and I think the guy pouring the coffee was her husband. They're HD riders too, so they an affinity for motorcyclists.

Not 42", but it is a Dual 2Ghz G5 with a 23" Cinema Display, 2.5Gb's of ram, 100 Gb internal and 250Gb's external storage, an Epsom 1280 printer, Epsom 4870 scanner (on FireWire) and a Motu 828 Mk II for music stuff. When I got the insurance payment for the bike I asked my wife if I could buy another Guzzi. That went nowhere, so I asked if I could upgrade to a new computer. Ta da... Big Mac running Yellow Dog Linux, OSX, classic and fairly soon now, VirtualPC w/windows. Another bike would probably have been cheaper, now I have to upgrade all of my software.

• 2 weeks later...
Not 42", but it is a Dual 2Ghz G5 with a 23" Cinema Display, 2.5Gb's of ram, 100 Gb internal and 250Gb's external storage, an Epsom 1280 printer, Epsom 4870 scanner (on FireWire) and a Motu 828 Mk II for music stuff. When I got the insurance payment for the bike I asked my wife if I could buy another Guzzi. That went nowhere, so I asked if I could upgrade to a new computer. Ta da... Big Mac running Yellow Dog Linux, OSX, classic and fairly soon now, VirtualPC w/windows.

Carl, you use that NASA computer not only for email and internet I hope... :)

1. Jaap - last time I was at carl's place, his house was glowing and was like 2 meters off the darn ground. Kind of scary.

2. Mark in Hollister - great pics of that dam ride! I nominate you to be the official pic taker on our next run! I'd ride with you too anytime you want.

Carl, you use that NASA computer not only for email and internet I hope...

There's an awful lot of PC centric computer enthusiasts that would refer to it as a "nausea" computer.

Right now, mostly internet, email and Guzzi wiring schematics.

Carl, no offence, but that's overkill.  Can we trade?  I have a used P4 Compaq laptop with WinXP. The desktop picture of Bryce Canyon is free!

Of course it's overkill, but my wife said I couldn't buy another Guzzi with the insurance money, so I insisted on a top of the line computer. I prefer Macs, so that's what I got. Then, she saw a V11 LeMans and regretted the decision, but by then, it was too late.