Can you believe!?

al_roethlisberger

Guest dkgross

well..the only way this is ever going to work for me from a financial pov is if I return my bike to as close to stock as possible, and give someone a great deal on some lightly used TiPipes, PCIII, Stucci Xover and Ferraci Airbox, a bigger windsheild, and a nice seat from Rich.

I still have my original pipes and xover, as well as my airbox. But, AL has my original ECU :)

So..if one of my fellow Seattle folks wants a great deal, and wants to spend an afternoon doing some serious parts swapping, I might be up for it.

or not...

:)

fwiw..the local Yamaha dealer has TWO '05 FJR's w/ABS for sale.....

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well..the only way this is ever going to work for me from a financial pov is if I return my bike to as close to stock as possible, and give someone a great deal on some lightly used TiPipes, PCIII, Stucci Xover and Ferraci Airbox, a bigger windsheild, and a nice seat from Rich.

fwiw..the local Yamaha dealer has TWO '05 FJR's w/ABS for sale.....

36848[/snapback]

Wow. Wish I had the ducats to buy some o' those sweet parts...

But I'm incredulous that your local Yamahahaha dealer had *two* buyers back out & walk away from their $500 pre-order payments! That's wild... I guess the dot-bomb is over, and the overpaid software executive is coming back, eh? ;)

Guest dkgross
But I'm incredulous that your local Yamahahaha dealer had *two* buyers back out & walk away from their $500 pre-order payments!

36865[/snapback]

I'm not sure if it's the case here, but, what I've 'heard', is that each dealer gets the 'opportunity' to purchase a number a bikes. They start with their pre-orders...If it looks like they're not getting enough, the 'employees' of that store will put their $500 down to guarantee that the store gets the bikes. Then, the 'customer' simply buys the bike from the employee. Since it's never been registered or titled, it's just some fancy paperwork shufflin'...

The FJR's don't stay long (although, the non-abs versions tend to last on the floor longer). Dealers usually get full MSRP, plus set-up and freight. But, they usually cut you a deal on the Yamaha Extended Warrantee (which is a GREAT deal, btw..I had it on my 2000 RoadStar).

sorry ya can't buy the goodies either...but, you can have the whole bike for..uhm..er..uhm...I dunno...$8,000 maybe???

Guest dkgross
whats to fix with yer suspension ?

36879[/snapback]

that was an inside joke to Big Al regarding many discussions about putting Ohlins on my LeMans :)

that was an inside joke to Big Al regarding many discussions about putting Ohlins on my LeMans :)

36881[/snapback]

you know, there'll be a 06 FJR right along after the 05's you know, you never know when Guzzi will pull the plug on this model of bike...

Guest dkgross

you know, there'll be a 06 FJR right along after the 05's you know, you never know when Guzzi will pull the plug on this model of bike...

36931[/snapback]

The '06 is kinda of a fugly brick red color, from what I've heard. And, we'll know soon enough if the V11 is done. I think it is. Dave R said that he's not sure what he'll have at the show in Dec...Probably a Breva 1100 and MAYBE a Griso.

Lots of things up in the air.

OT..Pretty sure I'll be in LA in mid-Jan. I'll keep ya posted.

The '06 is kinda of a fugly brick red color, from what I've heard.  And, we'll know soon enough if the V11 is done.  I think it is.  Dave R said that he's not sure what he'll have at the show in Dec...Probably a Breva 1100 and MAYBE a Griso.

Lots of things up in the air.

OT..Pretty sure I'll be in LA in mid-Jan.  I'll keep ya posted.

36935[/snapback]

Although we've had this discussion elsewhere....

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...=3665&hl=future

I too think the V11 line, at least in the Sport variety models, is probably limited, but MG has to get enough critical mass in other model sales first.

I predict that, unless something else happens to force the complete demise(like regulation), MG will keep one naked and faired model around for a while yet. But the various models may eventually evaporate.

We'll see.

al

• 3 weeks later...
Guest dkgross

It appears as if she may have indeed found the home she was looking for. I'll try to finalize the deal this week, and send the new owner the link to this fine website.

It has been an honor and joy to meet and befriend many of you. And I hope our riding paths will cross again soon. Of course, I'll still be lurking here, as SOMEDAY, I hope that one of THESE will be in my stable:

http://www.cyclegarden.com/cgi-local/image...o3.jpg&img=&tt=

or:

http://www.cyclegarden.com/classifieds_frames.html

(the white civilian....)

and, NO..I'm not selling my snazzy Guzzi jacket. I love it. And someday there WILL be another Guzzi in my garage.

ciao!!!

Guest dkgross
OK Dave, you are required to give us "long term" ride comparison report once you get some miles on the FJR  :D

al

37850[/snapback]

without a doubt..there will be many posts :) The Guzzi's running like a champ, and I will indeed miss her very much.

but....there's the FJR.... :)

Guest dkgross
That's like saying "but....there's the wife....".

It sort of sounds like a curse - no matter how hard you try to talk it up!!!!

37873[/snapback]

HAHAHAHAH :bier:

Jim..please see my post on the 'canadian import' thread...I could use a little help.

thanks.