Can you believe!?

al_roethlisberger

Guest dkgross

and..on top of everything else..I was laid-off on monday...merry f'n xmas :xmas:

oh well...one door closes, another opens..I seem to have made more contacts than I thought, and am getting a ton of leads ;)

soo...the bike really has to go... $7200 is more than a fair price for all the work that's gone into the bike...but..I might have to entertain another offer.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest vkerrigan

Good Luck with the job search Dave. We'll be pullin for you and hoping that a better opportunity comes through soon............vk

Hi Dave,

Sorry to hear that. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Best regards

Søren

Guest dkgross

thanks all!!

I'm not to worried, judging by the email I've gotten from my clients. Going back to being a freelance audio guy is kinda exciting ;)

Dave,

Hope you don't take offence, but I thought this was kind of topical and might guve you a :lol:

An executive was in quandary. He had to get rid of one of his staff.

He had narrowed it down to one of two people, Debra or Jack. It would be a hard decision to make, as they were both equally qualified and both did excellent work. He finally decided that in the morning, whichever one used the water cooler first would have to go.

Debra came in the next morning, hugely hung-over after partying all night. She went to the cooler to get some water to take an aspirin and the executive approached her and said: "Debra, I've never done this before, but I have to lay you or Jack off."

Debra replied, "Could you jack off? I feel like shit right now."

Best of luck.

Ken

Guest dkgross

one never has a rim-shot handy :) hehehehe.

thanks all for the kind words. I'm actually more bummed about selling the Guzzi than I am about the job :) Ahh..the joys of being a big fish in a small pond LOLOLOLOL.

and..I found out that Yamaha is chanigng it's plan for FJR's. They're taking orders NOW for 1500 more '05 Blue bikes, to be built now for an early April delivery. The '06 pre-orders are getting pushed back.

soo..if I can get the Guzzi gone, put a deposit down, by April I'll have enough cash stashed :)

karma....mmmm....

• 3 months later...
Guest dkgross

Alas, my Guzzi friends...it is both a sad and a happy day for me.

First..work is fine..I'm freelancing and doing just fine. It's actually nice to NOT be taking all the political work shit home everynight. I just go in when they need me, and get paid :)

So..as I said..the RIGHT buyer and the RIGHT price, and I would let the LeMans go...and so it goes. As my new found Guzzi friend says...'don't think about it as selling your bike..consider it going to Guzzi Rescue".

Soon, ya'll we have the pleasure of meeting Kevin Cooper here soon. Kevin lives outside of Sacramento, CA, and has the same passion for :mg: as all of us do. I'll let Kevin fill you in on the rest of his stable when he gets here, but suffice it to say....a true Guzzisti (ok..he's got a BMW too..but I still like him). :) He is indeed EXACTLY the kind of person I wanted my bike to go to.

Kevin and his lovely bride traveled up from CA this weekend and stayed with my lovely bride and I. Lots of conversation, great food, a trip to Moto International, and and a new found friend.

Sadness indeed that I could not keep two motorcycles (yes..I sold the MINI as well to conserve cash...), but MUCH JOY as my new FJR arrivedthis past Friday...

..HOLY CRAP. What a machine. Indeed, it has ITS own spirit, albeit NOT the same as the Guzzi. Apples to oranges, and NO need to compare. But...a stunning machine none the less.

For my needs now, the FJR suits me. Lots of traveling this summer (YES BRIAN..WE WILL FINISH MY CANADA TRIP). Come NEXT spring...we'll see how the $$$ world is looking, but, I think a restored Eldo or something might suit me...then again..that Griso floats my boat....

SO...THANK YOU ALL for everything. I'm NOT going anywhere. I read this forum regularly, and truly feel a great kinship here. I'll be crashing whatever Guzzi parties I can I hope many of you Cali riders will be able to hook up with Kevin and do some fine riding with him!!

again..GRAZIE MILLE for EVERYTHING, Forum Guzzisti!!!!!

Guest TheFaz

Dave:

How's about some info on it? I'm not yet *really* in the market, but I'm getting closer everyday! Any pics of it? What are you asking? You can ping me at OneFastGoose@yahoo.com if you prefer.

Edited to add:

Well, that's what I get for not reading the whole thread first! :doh:

Congrats on the sale. I LOVE the Champagne color, and hope to find one someday. Or a red one. Or a black one. Did they only make Champagne in 2002?