Guzzi A La Toscana

Orson

Small correction...they're called the Appenines...not the Appians. Dunno where I got that :huh2:

Oh...ok ok ok...and maybe cars zipping thru the portal at 50 mph might have been a slight embellishment but, they were going a lot faster than I woulda!

:D

I loved reading this, reminded me that I realy need to go back on my bike there next spring. But the autostrada florence bologna is beautyfull because of the looks left and right of the road. The curves aren't the best thing. The autostrada florence rome also has it's nice looks around it.

Great story and pix! We did the same trip a few weeks ago, in a Fiat Punto unfortunately. Next time a Guzzi for sure. Did you rent the Guzzi there? If so could I get details? We also rented a villa near San Casiano, but nowhere as nice as yours. Could I get details of that too please?

We love San Giaminano so mcuh we stayed there for 4 days - I would have been rapt if you turned up in the town square :) We stayed in the hotel with the vines pictured. Sienna was a little tame after Florence and San G. But you're right about those Tuscan backroads - fantastic.

Lake Como was fantastic too - and so near the MG factory *sigh* Oh well next time.

post-1495-1100081418_thumb.jpg

I bought the Guzzi at a Mom & Pop Guzzi shop in Parma, Italy. They've graciously allowed me to store the bike in their shop while I toil in Arabia. I think they're a bit tickled that I chose to buy from them rather than a big city shop in Milan or Rome. They treat me like a long lost relative whenever I return :D

The villa I stayed at was Villa Il Poggiale. Very friendly family run place.

Siena holds an annual horse race in its town center that's supposed to be fantastic to witness.

I agree, Lake Como is fantastic. Be sure to see the Moto Guzzi museum. It's spectacular :mg:

Tusc04_089.jpg

That Villa is spectacular and reasonably priced too thanks for the link! One of my trip highlights was watching the motogp at a trattoria in Greve (in Chianti). They have it up on a big screen and just went wild. Lot of rivalry between the Max fans and the Vale fans.

A bike in Italy and working in Arabia? I think I want your life! :)

I bought the Guzzi at a Mom & Pop Guzzi shop in Parma, Italy. They've graciously allowed me to store the bike in their shop while I toil in Arabia. I think they're a bit tickled that I chose to buy from them rather than a big city shop in Milan or Rome. They treat me like a long lost relative whenever I return :D

The villa I stayed at was Villa Il Poggiale. Very friendly family run place.

Siena holds an annual horse race in its town center that's supposed to be fantastic to witness.

I agree, Lake Como is fantastic. Be sure to see the Moto Guzzi museum. It's spectacular  :mg:

37023[/snapback]

Orson-- absolutely impressive :bier: Thanks for descriptions and ditto on "the best sport-tourer in the world".

OK guys, when do we go there?

GuzzTim- is that your bike in the avitar? Hard Bags? or is it my eyes?

Guest vkerrigan

Orson............Great Writeup on a fantastic trip! You did a better job than most of the Motomag writers.........Happy Trails. :bike: .........vk

• 2 weeks later...