A Mounted Working Camera

Enzo

Nicely mounted, but:

- do your cameralenses handle vibrations well? I wouldn't risk mine.

- what if you want a picture from a different angle? Always the side of the fairing on the pictures gets boring imo...

- what about flies and rain?

Just some things to consider.

Japp,

These are good questions. In fact, I think I'll go to the hardware store and get a heavy rubber washer for isolation on the platform the cameral sits on. That could help.

I can swing the cameral around so that you don't see the windscreen, or I can take a pic of myself riding, or a side view, or a back view. Very easy to do. As for rain, the camera can be taken off very quickly even with gloves on. Bugs - well, I can only hope a bug doesn't hit it when the lens is open!!

I'm going riding today into the mountains, so I hope to have some pics for you guys tonight. :bike::bier:

I used the same mount for a video camera on my Shovelhead for a project I was shooting for work. I know, it was a Shovel for God's sake, but let me say that vibration kills expensive electronics. The Shovel did it in roughly 2 hours of shooting, my guess is that the Guzzi would take a bit longer, but would do it eventually. I think it's the CCD chip, the interface between the optics and the electronics. I'm now looking for a way to mount a camera to my arm or jacket, the body is a wonderfully absorptive medium.

This is what I look like now. Some of you old guys prone to flashbacks probably shouldn't look...Psychedelic_biker.jpg