Power Commander III pricing/availability

al_roethlisberger

Well, so far the best pricing I've seen is at K&N, but I think their limited stock is for the wrong year/model:

83706-211 PCIII - MOTO GUZZI VII SPORT, 00-01 - $145.00

I'm guessing that our 2002/2003 LeMans requires a different unit? Or will this work?

Anyone else run across any good deals?

al

...BTW, I went to the PowerCommander website, and it seems that the model listed above, while only officially listed for the 2000-2001 Sport is the same and only model available for the Sport/LeMans.

So before I buy the discounted one from K&N, I just wanted to double-check that the 706-211 is the correct model for my 2002 LeMans:

PC Models

Power Commander for V11 Sport (2000-2001)

Is this the model you all are using?

thx!

al

Al;

Your bike has exactly same ECU as mine or any other LeMans, Naked, Rosso Mandello, Sport, Scura or whatever. The factory programs ECU differently for different markets as far as mapping is concerned but I tried to explain this to the best of my abilities in your other thread.

The conclusion is: PC is just a hardware which, if the plug fits to your harness (which it will), can be installed on any of the bikes V11S family.

Since $145 is such an amazing deal (less then half of what others want) I just grabbed it while it lasted and I am a happy camper ever since. I just hope you will do the same.

Hi Janus,

Thanks, but unfortunately I think you may have missed the point of my question... :)

I completely understand the hardware/software discussion of the other thread, and didn't mean to suggest that there were different V11 PCIIIs out there for every V11 Sport "family".

...however, before purchasing the PCIII, I am simply trying to confirm the correct model number of PCIII to order, as there are a multitude of different models, with different connectors, etc. and I don't want to buy the wrong version then have to return it, etc...

For example, there are no less than 4 different model numbers listed on the Power Commander application chart for Moto Guzzi alone, and to top that off, not one of those specifically lists itself as the model for our 2001+ LeMans/Sport/Scura/etc... the 706-211 is listed as the application for the 2000-2001 Sport and I suspect that is the correct application, but I'm just checking.

So I'm just trying to do my due-diligence regarding what model has worked for everyone else before purchasing :)

Is the 706-211 the correct model for every 2000+ V11 Sport/LeMans/Scura/etc? If so, the K&N deal sounds like a winner!! (..and DynoJet needs to update their website :lol:)

thx!

al

Guest dkgross

and..it makes sense to spend the $$ to take your bike with the PCIII on to your neareast authorized Tuning Center and get a custom map made just for your bike!

I'll be getting one in with the 'stock' map installed on my new LeMans next week. As soon as I get a decent amount of miles on it, I'll take it and get it mapped.

Guest dkgross

this came today from the Dyno folks:

Dave,

It should work fine. The Guzzi's tend to vary slightly from one to

another, but I'm sure you will find it a big improvement over stock.

Thanks,

Manny Hauswirth

Technical Support

Racer Support

Dynojet Research

www.dynojet.com

(800) 992-4993

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Thursday, December 26, 2002 9:11 PM

To: sales@powercommander.com

Subject: '02 Guzzi V11 LeMans

just checking to see if the stock map for the V11 Sport that you've got

listed is compatabile with an '02 LeMans. I'm picking a new one up in a

few weeks, and your product was highly recommended.

Thanks!

Dave Gross

Seattle, WA

Well, OK... I went ahead and ordered the PCIII model 706-211 from K&N

Now, I'll need to get a map for:

- Stock, except for drilled out back-plate on OEM mufflers, and Stucci x-over

and later...

- the addition of the FBF airbox lid removal kit

Does anyone have maps that have worked well with these two setups?

Also, barring a malfunction other than in the FI setup, should I try to get the bike tuned as well as possible with the FIM softward on the stock ECU before applying the PCIII, or will it not matter as the PCIII will over-ride the ECUs instructions for the FI completely anyway?

thx!

al

al,

did you order online or over the phone? i ordered that p/n online two months ago and after two weeks of waiting, i called and found they were out of that p/n. i was pretty mad since they did not send any response back about the order. i finally ordered another model on the phone (that was in stock).

btw, if you have problems getting a hold of one just let me know and i'll sell you ours. we are developing up some new software that will allow you to reprogram the stock computer and don't need the powercommander.

regards,

ken zeller

evoluzione cyclesports

Hrmm, yeah, I've heard similar disappointing stories from a couple other folks since I reported placing the order online. I'll call K&N tomorrow to double-check it's status, and if the part isn't available probably take you up on your generous offer. Thank you :)

BTW, what were you looking to recoup for your used PCIII?

thx :)

al

Guest vkerrigan

Ken.........Will your software package be able to modify fuel and ignition maps? If so, when will your product be available? Best Regards....V.Kerrigan

the software will allow changes to both fuel & spark - look for it in the spring time. we should have diagnostic software available in the next couple of weeks that will allow the user to check sensors and adjust the idle mixture.

regards,

ken zeller

evoluzione cyclesports

Ken,

That is great news. I hope the price is reasonable. I already have a power commander but was wanting the diagnostic software. The fact that you can adjust timing is an added bonus, especially for anyone adding hi compression pistons, twin pluggling or looking to maximize performance. I imagine I could dyno-map my bike using the tuning link technology of the PCIII, then transcribe the map to the ECU using your software, and unplug the PCIII to make room under the seat. And loan the PCIII to anyone else who wanted to apply a custom tuning link generated map to the ECU using your software. AWESOME!

Al,

Any way you go, you should get good results. I believe you said your bike was aready Ultimapped so the timing is probably optimized well enough for the mods you made. If you got high compression pistons or twin plugs, then you should get a new ultimap, so that the timing can be adjusted. Otherwise just go with the tuning link optimization. If you want extra room under the seat, have them flash the tuning link map mods to the ultimap chip. You might want to try the tuning link map, before flashing the ECU, as apparently, not all tuning link maps are ideal...

Note your PCIII will probably ship with the 001 map which will be wrong for your bike.

Also it is important to tune your bike before remapping and make a note of the exact settings.

The most critical factors are TPS, valve clearance, new clean air filter. Perhaps new spark plugs and a tank of the brand of gas that you usually use. I hope the erradication of MTBE does not throw off our maps.

Since K&N is out of PCIIIs you might only want to have the ultimap tweaked. The only advantages of the PCIII is user interactivity, and the ability to easily remap for different conditions or modifications using the Tuning Link advantage. (which has its faults, but wil probably give an excellent map)

The Ultimap has the advantage of less space under the seat and the ability to adjust timing. I assume you already paid for the ultimap license so remapping charges are just dyno time.

(not that that is cheap) The Ultimap may require a better tuner with more dyno time to get a great result.

If you are content with your current mods, just get it Ultimapped and forget about the power commander.

Happy New Year! :bier: