Freedom of speech

Admin Jaap

I'm a moderator on another motorcycle board and this topic comes up often. 

The bottom line was that it's easy to say put the idiots on the ignore list but in some cases the idiot population is so large or can grow on command at certain topics that the worthwhile folks just get ticked at all the nonsense and go away and don't come back.  So a moderated board that forbids flaming, serious cursing and totally off topic posts is a good thing.  It's more work but the result is a USEABLE forum rather than a bunch of weenies bitch talkin' to each other.

Not that a fine group of Guzzi riders would act like a bunch of teenagers outside a Mac's store with all the street shiznat talk they use.... at least I HOPE not...:D

To my thinking it should be limited ONLY to flaming, personal attacks or similar.  No technical topic should be off limits like it would appear happened to Bill.  Although the moderator in that case may have cut it out knowing what it would bring about as a reaction.  But that doesn't explain the banning.  That was just shoddy.

39863[/snapback]

I can't prove it but I think that forum is being partially sponsored by Kawasaki USA and they don't want anyone to rock the boat.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was the Admin on a music site and let me tell you if you dont enforce the site it will turm into a bickering mess of personal taunts and insults. Personally I think this site is perfect with great help from members and a place to talk about other issues (24/7).

There are a million sites on the web (including Rolling Crows) where you can go and 'talk' about politics, religion, freedom of speech etc and insult each other into eternity.

The apriliaforum.com has a 'rowdy biker bar' thread where people can go and argue and fight leaving the other threads for bike talk, but it's not pretty.

This site is not about freedon of speech, it's abbout Guzzis, let's keep it that way. Well done Jaap and the other Admins ...

I like the forum just the way it is. The technical exchange is excellent but it is the club like atmosphere that I really enjoy. A diverse and most interesting group for sure.

For the most part the dialog seems like things you might hear during breakfast on a Saturday morning group ride. Polite and with good humor. The challange it seems is that not everyone behaves as they might in person.

Keep up the good work

Bruce

This forum is great for me and I read it often. I don't contribute much because, generally, I don't know as much as the experts here.

I don't like being "pounded" when I post a dumb question or suggestion. Even WildGuzzi has its share of folks who will pounce on you if something you write doesn't jive with their personal (M/C) philosphy.

Thanks for hosting this site.

I have been called a moron, a bigot & and a idiot :doh:

39840[/snapback]

And that was all just before breakfast. :D

TR is the sort of guy I'd want on my side

if the chips were down.

Some here seem overly sensitive.

If your world is that fragile, I feel for you.

You must go through life perturbed by a variety of

minor slights, both real and imagined.

Worry about what matters, if someone strikes you as moron,bigot or idiot,

letting them upset you is your problem, not theirs.

I look forward to Texas Rednecks' posts, musings, and insights.

We like when he stops by the shop,too.

Never been a visit that he didn't raise the mood of everyone

in the shop.

In my experience, the ones I need to worry about are the politcally

correct blowholes who stand for nothing.

I prefer a brash, in-your-face person any day. (Tex is all that and a few bags of chips).

Everyone knows where they stand. I can deal with that.

Can you?

In my experience, the ones I need to worry about are the politcally

correct blowholes who stand for nothing.

I guess my take is that its blowholes in general that are a waste of my good breathing air... politically correct or incorrect..

There's a difference for me between "in your face" and a blowhole. I like someone who knows what they're saying, and stands by it. Good or bad you can count on them.

People saying stupid sh*t for the sake of being heard without the conviction behind it are the worst kind of liars in my book. and that is NOT directed at anyone on this forum.

Speaking of free speech, I am actually banned from Enzo's forum. I cannot view or post. I challenged his racism and evidently this was crossing the line.

Oh well. I guess some types of free speech are more free than others.

39883[/snapback]

You're kidding me, right? You still go out for a beer together occasionally?

Guest Jeff Kelland

I've seen too many good sites degenerate to a state of uselessness. I am pleased this one has not done that. I do enjoy dark humor though......the rules here make me practice it elsewhere. I'll be happy if we keep this place just the way it is. :mg:

You're kidding me, right? You still go out for a beer together occasionally?

39918[/snapback]

Not kidding.

After listening to his racism for a year I finally called him on it pretty hard. I figured that if he felt free to say all that stuff (over and over again) then I should be free to challenge it. Evidently not. He banished me from his site.

So that is that. I used to give him the benefit of the doubt, now I just doubt the benefit.

Not kidding.

After listening to his racism for a year I finally called him on it pretty hard. I figured that if he felt free to say all that stuff (over and over again) then I should be free to challenge it.

Evidently not. He went berzerk. He threatened me and my brother and banished me from his site. Now he is calling us "Jews" (neither of us actually are Jewish, but that's what Enzo calls everyone he hates).

So that is that. He is always calling himself a vampire, or the devil, so I leave him to his beloved hatreds. I used to give him the benefit of the doubt, now I just doubt the benefit.

39966[/snapback]

Wo-wo-wo-wo-wo...

Motomonster, Are you cheating us? <_>