Air Races

helicopterjim R.I.P.

I've written Red Bull telling them I drink their product specificaly because they sponsor motorsports. I'm really try to buy ant product which promotes motorcycles and bike racing. And I tell them.

Ciao, Steve G.

40265[/snapback]

Yeah , those crazy Austrians, they make Red Bull, KTMs & PEZ! :D

Great stuff. Thanks for posting that.

By coincidence (OK, by a stretch), here is how I spent yesterday evening in the park after (riding the Ballabio home from) work.

http://pictures.sprintpcs.com/guest/view/p...lerid=SPRINTPCS :D

I love airplanes, and always have. Flying on anything other than wide-bodies or helicopters with doors off, however, makes me motion sick. Sigh.

I love airplanes, and always have.  Flying on anything other than wide-bodies or helicopters with doors off, however, makes me motion sick.  Sigh.

40306[/snapback]

Cool. I hear you big time. I have a huge desire to make helicopter noise and the company I work for encourages this behaviour.

A little OT, but the more I look at different sports on the web or in mags, etc. the more I am blown away by the coin that Red Bull drops on sponsorships. They have their hands in all kinds of stuff. I read today they bought the ex Jaguar F1 team :blink: Yikes!

They must sell a ton of the drinks and at $3.00 or so a whack there's a lot of profit I'd imagine.

Fabulous, I had imagined something like 1930's pylon racing. But was totaly awestruck to find between the gates against the clock in a city centre location.

I can't see the races being allowed to be held in the UK or anywhere in the EU.

Health and safety and other nanny state legislation preventing it.

At air shows you have a dead side of the runway, not possible down the river running through a major city.

The air Navagation order prohibits flying within 500' of a build, vessal or structure

so no flying under bridges here. Might just about squeeze under the millau viaduct

I used to hold a PPL (private pilots licence) many years ago and the skill difference is like Rossi v lad on first go on a field bike