Givi top box on a LeMans...

turbotiger

Have a look folks and let me know what you think or if anyone has tried them.

Has anyone fitted a Givi topbox to their LeMans?

I need to carry my laptop with me...

Has anyone tried these? www.fastbag.ca I don`t think so as I have not heard anyone mention them. The style I think seems to suit the lines of the Lemans and it appears to be quite functional as it expands accordian style to suit the load and also can be used as a backpack. It would not look good on my Stone but would suit the Tenni nicely. Have a look guys and let me know what you think or if anyone has tried this.

I too am very happy with the Chon-Chong Aprilia moped Top Box setup. The box cost me 65.00US complete from the dealer and it fit perfectly on the OEM Aluminum Guzzi rack (~235.00us) . I already had the rack and it was a choice between the OEM tail bag and the scooter top box and I'm very glad I went with the box (bag too small).. The box will hold a full helmet easily (or a small laptop?)..

It took a while for the look of the box to grow on me.. but after using it for my work stuff.. I like the option of having on or off as needed and the base plate is not offensive either. I think the looks even flow ok on the lemans.. not sure about the Sport

I've carried my laptop two different ways on my sport; 1) strapped down to the rear rack (ventura rack) and it was layered between some foam house insulation to absorb bumps, 2) in the tank bag, just left the laptop in a neoprene sleeve (preferred method). It barely fit, but it did. This is a Mac ibook- 12". I don't think a bigger computer would fit.

J

Hi Lance,

Ever considered an Oxford tankbag instead?

Cheers

Søren

That?  That's the thing I use to carry the other tank bag.  Its a FAMSA bag, really nice quality. 

I noticed a reference to a Famsa tankbag for the V11 today. It looks like it might be a good job. Is yours the 3 in 1 (two bag) system? How does it compare to the MG bag or any other bag that you have seen on a V.11?

Has anyone else seen or got a Famsa bag?

BFastGuzzi..

I've got both the MG bag on the V11 and the FAMSA on the Tuono (the 3 part system)...

The FAMSA is heavier material and has side pockets with reflective piping. Both the FAMSA and the MG bag have good bases (the MG one is a little more padded) and easy to use zip offs.

I think the FAMSA is more versatile w/ the extra space. If FAMSA makes one for the MG I'd take it over the MG one.

but the MG one ain't half bad.

Cheers, Tim

BFastGuzzi..

I've got both the MG bag on the V11 and the FAMSA on the Tuono (the 3 part system)...

The FAMSA is heavier material and has side pockets with reflective piping.  Both the FAMSA and the MG bag have good bases (the MG one is a little more padded) and easy to use zip offs.

I think the FAMSA is more versatile w/ the extra space.    If FAMSA makes one for the MG I'd take it over the MG one.

but the MG one ain't half bad.

Cheers, Tim

41182[/snapback]

Thanks GT

The FAMSA bag for the V.11 seems to be the 'FA246/19 Moto Guzzi V11 SBK Big Tank Bag'. It appears to be quite a bit cheaper than the Bagster/Baglux and it doesn't cover over the whole tank, which may look better to some.

They also do a small tool bag that looks like it's about the right size for the little V.11 rear rack.

Baldini – if you see this – did you ever find out what is the make of your tank cover & bag, you know, the one that fell apart when the fresh air hit it?.

Baldini – if you see this – did you ever find out what is the make of your tank cover & bag, you know, the one that fell apart when the fresh air hit it

Belfast,

Can't get to it just now but it was from Motomecca who were very good about failure - sent a new one next day before I even returned it (stitching had missed one of the mount tags) - it's probably not a bad bag but as I rarely venture too far from home I couldn't comment. I have a fine collection of rucksacks in various sizes. Hope to see you this year somewhere... :bike:

Best, KB :sun: