Another great DVD

Guest robbrugg

Guest robbrugg

"Oh boy, can these guys RIDE" - I think to myself each time I watch this DVD. Not widescreen, no cool music ("Faster" qualities), but a good coverage of the race, and really inspiring! I would not want to be a bug flying near that course!

The COURAGE!!!

Try Amazon or a bike shop (mine is from CycleGear in Phoenix)

post-1204-1106520953_thumb.jpg

Yes, it is unique and very spectacular.

The first time I saw it was in 1980. I fell in love with the Island and managed to move over in 1988.

I have been marshaling for the TT & Manx Grand Prix ever since.

If you ever get the chance, come over and take a look! :thumbsup:

Nige. B)

I have a nice DVD called 'One Man's Island' about a 50-year-old Canadian guy who makes the cut at the TT. Lots of good footage. A good documentary.

I don't think I could watch it live. Makes me nervous. I've found that I am not nervous if I"M riding, but I don't like watching dangerous crazy stuff. This is similar to how I feel about riding in a car or plane because I don't have control. And, all the blood and guts.....no thanks.

Count me in as a fanatic. I was fortunate to attend the '02 TT and watched David Jeffries set the all time lap record of 127 mph. That sounds really fast then, you realize that's only his average speed. Then your mind tries to conceive what his top speeds were and how long he kept it at "full chat". The mind peels © Kelly Bundy.

There are places on the circuit where, you hear a bike approaching at full chat. After about 10 or 15 seconds, he swooshes by. Another 10 or 15 seconds and he's out of earshot. The entire time he was within earshot, the throttle had been held at wide f*ckin open :blink:

Here's a photo a friend took of David at Rhencullen just outside of the village of Kirkmichael. Wide open, as usual but, the scary part is that, as soon as the wheel touches back down, he has to flick the bike through a left hand kink :o

Lots of lunacy you don't see on film. I must have seen about 6 bikes wadded up and left on the roadside by people who had gotten a bit too exhuberant :homer: I was really impressed by the travelling marshalls. Those guys really motor around the circuit. I read that they are all ex racers with a minimum of 1500 miles of experience on the TT course.

David_Jefferies_at_Rhencullen.jpg

I like the third one; this guy is having a smoke right next to the Esso truck  :D

41859[/snapback]

:P That's when Men were Men :bier: "Fuel truck? Gimme a cig!!" :P

We were there a week before the TT last year. Didn't see the races but got to ride around the course :race:

Definitely going back sometime. :mg:

Here is a bit of info about the Guzzi classic parade at the TT in June. I know a guy with a Dondolino who is taking part.

http://www.iomguide.com/races/tt/tt-news.php?story=663

I don't know of any Guzzis racing in the TT but there may be a couple in the Manx GP later in the year, an 1100 Sport and possibly an MGS01.

Guy : :notworthy: