is this usefull?

Paul Minnaert

There are a lot of images attached to messages, but you only see them if you view posts. So I thought it might be usefull to see all pictures on a page. I made a quick sample of what I mean. Look at this link:

v11 le mans image page

You find here all attached images from the forum that have a thumbnail.

Is this usefull, and if yes, what else would be usefull to have with it? I can think of the name of the poster, and a link to the topic.

I thought Jaap had already created such a page a while back?

It wasn't searchable or anything either, but also just a thumbnail list of all images.

And yes, I think it is sorta useful... as a last ditch effort tool to find that elusive image from ages past when one can't remember the thread, etc... :P

al

Well, it's useful to the extent that there are obviously some posts in the techinical sections that I missed. Since the image file name includes the post, it should be possible to locate that specific post. I don't know if the search function supports that, but I'll give it a shot one of these days.

Also, no points to the guy who threw a photo of the late not-so-great Lolo Ferrari in the mix. She displaces more than the bikes we ride.

no antonio, there is a very secret filter build in :-)

No this gives only the uploads that were big enough that the forum software has created an thumbnail for, and doesn't include the images from the old forum software that didn't create the thumbs. If I make a page of all images, it will take a lot of time to load.

Plus the server then has to create thumbnails on the fly from thousands of images.

Also all linked files aren't shown here.

Thanks Paul! This will give me many hours of pleasure looking at my fave things (girls & Guzzis) ! This 'interactive poster' is what the web is all about I reckon.

"Is this useful?" Yes Sir, indeed it is :thumbsup:

Thanks Paul!

S¨øren

Wow, fantastic! Paris Hilton looks very nice. Also, I missed the one about a mud flap for the front fender. I want one! Where do I get it? I also like the plastic frame slider. Can you get one from an English language site?

Paul, thanks for doing this.

To be honest, I had forgotten about this project, but it's a very good addition to the board.

What I would like is a link to the topic under the thumbnail, and it would be great if the page would have the look & feel of the forum (header/footer)... oh, and maybe a max. of 100 images per page... oh, and the last attached image first. :)

But no rush, in your own time!

Good job! :thumbsup: