What are your V11 riding plans this year?

Admin Jaap

What are your V11 riding plans this year?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. What are your V11 riding plans this year?

• Polish my V11 every week and take it out on the occasional sunny Sunday.
    • Occasional weekend use and a few nice weekends away.
    • Ride it to work every day, weekend trips / rallies and a touring holiday.
    • Ride it every day, touring, track days, rallies, drag racing and hill climbs.
    • I am gonna race in Battle Of The Twins
    • I am going to ride my V11 around the world!

I've managed 89 miles on mine in 14 months. Now the transmission is out again because the dealer (dealer no longer) did the shaft seal wrong and it dumps oil. BTW, you only have to crab the frame an inch and half to get the transmission out on the early V11 Sports. Now I know. I wish I hadn't had to find out though.

interesting poll Guzzirider, because I know you and know how much you ride/do trackdays etc I can guess which area you voted for.

As for me, I'm going to have to opt out of the around the world trip on my V11 this year due to lack of funds but I'll try and do as much riding as I can (lovely trip out yesterday, very sunny but a bit cold at 3 degrees C, didn't stop me grinning like a loon though, he he) :sun::D .

Get out on your Guzzis, life's too short not to.

enjoy

Mal :helmet:

Get out on your Guzzis, life's too short not to.

enjoy

Mal  :helmet:

42667[/snapback]

Too right mate! Had a fantastic ride yesterday over the local moors- slippery and muddy from farm traffic but zero cars and fantastic scenery! A wee bit cold but dryish apart from the odd bit of sleet. We both had big smiles when we returned to base!

Winter biking is ace!

:bike:

My choice isn't exactly there either. My commute is too short to ride to work (about 3 miles/ 5 KM round trip) but I'm talking to a friend about a Death Valley ride (camping and maybe 1000 miles/ 1600 KM) in March. Hopefully followed by as many weekend rides, some camping and some hotel-ing, I can squeeze in while the days are long. :bier:

The twisty roads and beautiful scenery of the Sierras awaits! :bike:

In between taking as many day rides on weekend as I can and freaking out the squids who think buying a Japanese crotch rocket makes them fast. :whistle:

I'm working on a mount for a set of Givis so I can carry more stuff. I take my American heritage seriously. :D

Lex

Guest Brian Robson
Winter biking is ace!

:bike:

42668[/snapback]

Couldn't agree more, minimal traffic and clear roads. Ride Guzzi's, thats all they ask of you! :race:

My choice isn't exactly there either. My commute is too short to ride to work (about 3 miles/ 5 KM round trip) but I'm talking to a friend about a Death Valley ride (camping and maybe 1000 miles/ 1600 KM) in March. Hopefully followed by as many weekend rides, some camping and some hotel-ing,  I can squeeze in while the days are long. :bier: 

Lex

42816[/snapback]

Agreeing with Lex, there wasn't a legitimate choice for me in that group either.

Hope to do just that, every Sunday, as the time and weather permits, a cupla full w'end blasts and hope to do at least one, perhaps 2 weeklong (or more!) rides to nowhere.

Dan

None suit me either...

Out for as long as I can any sunny/ dry weekday when I can skive off work (self-employed) & kids are at school, or quiet evenings.... just riding roads here :bike: . Some longer trips. Hopefully Mallory Park & maybe another trackday ...maybe get to Chris's V11/Buell Scottish do...& possibly a camping w/e.

We have salt too, roads seem worse this year. Gotta be out for a few hours to make it worth the hosing down. was out yesterday up North & around, very quiet. This is a beautiful country.

Guzzirider - you going to Mallory?

KB :sun: