To Serve and Protect?

helicopterjim R.I.P.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure the guy who owned the bike he stole would probably feel the same way. Personally I cant think think of a scarier job than being a Cop in the U.S. ... ok being in the U.S. Army.

Having said that these sort comments should not be made in a public forum. It already confirms what most people think Cops are like.

Another good one, this on one "loud pipes":

http://forums.officer.com/forums/showthrea...?threadid=27341

...if someone is "brave enough" :rolleyes: .... one may want to chime in and point out that some assumptions made for both "crotch rockets" and "Harleys" may be a bit more than inaccurate on several accounts, from both perspectives :huh2:

I may do so myself, but am waiting for my account there to be "approved", and if I still have the motivation by then :P

...probably :not:

al

Well, I droned through those comments, and confirmed what I have always thought. Police officers, and the police force members are just as screwed up as the rest of society, and they don't corner the market on "the perfect citizen". I used to play hockey for a local police force, in a police hockey league, and slowpitch softball for the same police force. I didn't consider myself a ringer[ I'm not a cop], but they wanted me to play. Anyways, I met some good people, and also met some wachos, all who are police officers. Clearly that forum has it's share of wachos among good hard working police.

Just like I despize being typecast as a "Harley Biker" dude, or a "Crotch Rocket Squid", I won't typecast all cops as "f%!@@*d up", or "Immoral Power Junkies". I guess you just take your chances, sometimes you will get a good cop, other times, you will get a "real winner!" And they are out there. In my experience alone, I've been given a speeding ticket and a 15 minute tirade for going 2 mph over the posted speed, and been let off casually with a warning for going 45 mph over the limit.

The one thing that I take issue locally, are the motorcycle only road blocks, who stop only motorcycles to either check the noise of your bike, or whether you have a motorcycle endorsement on your drivers license. You can just imagine the stupidity of a $75,000 a year cop in downtown Vancouver pointing a noise meter at the back of my stock untouched idling BMW airhead.

I could go on and on, but suffice to say, we are a minority in society even with the baby boomers starting to throw their money at new 2 wheeled toys. And as a result, will be treated like minorities, which strangely enough, I quite enjoy!

Ciao, Steve G.

Heres the first post of the thread...

http://forums.13x.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=70755

I Love It When "Stunt Bikers" Crash

I was thinking about this topic & remembered a chase I had years ago after a "stunt biker." I wouldn't have even looked twice at him except he did a wheel stand for about 2 city blocks & you could hear his pipes from a mile away. I lit him up & the chase was on.

Ya gotta admit it's sweet when they run from us warp 9 & that lil old

lady pulls out in front of them. God I love it when they lay those big

rice burners down & burst into flames. Ever seen magnesiun burn? I hate the smell, it stays in your uniform until you get it cleaned.

Anyway, after I lit this guy up, he splits & heads for the fwy. We chased him so fast, the chopper helicopter couldn't catch us, our then new Chevys that had the Vette engine (plus I flipped the air cleaner over & put

octane booster in the tank, the mechanic gets pissed but it makes the

damm thing fly), the guy was craping a brick because at 110 we were on

his ass, I could see the whites of his eyes.

The bike was a Ninja 1100 something, he was 2 time loser that chucked a gun and some dope, he was running for his life. Sure enough, he lays it down going about

110, he hit a disel gas slick about 4 feet wide... We had 22'd the chase

and were "observing" (yeah right) from a safe distance, the bike a

Kawasaki 1100 cc cafe racer looking thing, started to spark as it

slid across the fwy, the sparks looked like a Peacocks feathers... sure

enough the thing stareted to burn as it finally stopped skidding.

I lost sight of the driver in all the sparks. I caught him as he tumbled

like a rag doll into the ice plant along side the fwy, head over heals..

I remember it as if it was slow motion like that old Evil Knevel crash in Vegas. He managed to break just about

every bone in his body, his left leg was severed above the knee and the

bone was sticking out through the skin, he lost all the skin on his

elbows and those bones were visible as well. His right eye was buldging

out of the socket, his jaw was hanging like only the skin was holding it

on and I could'nt see a tooth in his head (he swolloed most of them). His

wrists were snapped, two fingers were hanging by a thread and he was

MOVING!!

He had lost both shoes, and was wearing shorts and tee shirt, no

protection. He had to cut the chinstrap to steal the helmit so it flew

off almost right away.

It was a cool scene, blood everwhere, shoes here, a few teeth there, the

bloody, tattered, mangled carcas of a loser felon lying 1/2 on the

shoulder 1/2 in the ivy, and in the background the warm glow of a a

burning bike. I thought I smelled burning flesh, but idiot was'nt on

fire, I looked at him a little closer and noticed his right leg was

missing the foot, the stunt bikers foot has been torn off. As the bike and he

slid together for about 30 feet, it stuck in the engine (how I have no

idea) and was cooking like a piece of KFC.

After all the damage that guy did to himself, he lived (dirtbags never

die). They drilled holes in his head and anchored these metal rods in

the bones of his skull to keep his head from moving, he was a a full

body cast, had internal injuries, lost his eye, 2 fingers, a foot, all

his teeth, bit his tounge in 1/2 and he pulled his hamstring so bad, it

tore. He had a tube in his throat, up his nose, in his jones and the Doc

anticipated him needing 20-30 surgeries and he lost the ability to sport

lumber.

I saved the tax payers from having to pay for his injuries by un

arresting him (per 849b1) before they took him to the hospital. That

way, he has to pay all his medical bills.

We had a hearty laugh and a few 16 oz Buds after work, our LT paid because

we didn't dent 1 unit and he was happy..

Stunt bikers, for all you, this Buds for you.

Vice Sergeant

Where the sewer meets the surf

Of course there are all types of LEOs and I am sure most of us have met the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly cops.

43155[/snapback]

I've met plenty of policemen over the years, in all kinds of circumstances, and as far as I can remember only one was Good, sensible and somewhat intelligent maybe. I bet he did not stay on the force for long.

All the rest was Bad, Ugly or indiffrent. "Hypocritical" would be the best characteristic most common for all of them. Reading their forum makes an excellent confirmation of that.

As people they mostly stay in their "profession" not to help others but to boost their own ego and excercise power over others which they are unable to achieve on their own for lack of wits and inteligence.

Career criminals, by the way, have a very similar psychological profile.

I've got no love of coppers. The old question of why are coppers like banannas always comes to mind and Highway Patrol/ Traffic always seems to attract arseholes but as an institution I've come to accept they are a necessary evil. Most of them really are *Just Doing Their Job* and went into it with the best of intentions. If we, in democracies, continue to elect cretins who enact bills which create laws that are purposeless, meaningless and, at the end of the day dangerous for the future of us as an inteligent species then it's these blokes that have to enforce them. In all democracies based on the Westminster principle there is something known as the 'Separation of the Powers'.

While Wallopers may mainly be bum-faced freaks who haven't got a clue and fancy themselves 'cos they get to wear funny clothes, at the end of the day the only people we can blame for having such a crap system are ourselves for electing the *Statesmen* (Sigh, and Women!) who pass stupid legislation and won't pay wages sufficient to get educated *quality* into the job of policing.

OK, rant mode off and I'll crawl back under my rock.

Pete

Geez Pete, leave the rock open, the fresh air will do yu good.

There seems to be a question on that forum whether this is fake or not. None of us can really know for certain.

What is clear are two things.

1, whether it is real or not, this Seargent fellow is not just venting, he is clearly [here's my term again] an attention whore in the first degree. In follow ups regarding his little story, he is clearly loving this. Yup, he's a sickie either way!

2, If it is true, then the squid who stole the bike and ran deserves the result of his own actions. This ultimately comes down to the watering down of this society by "those bleeding heart types", who are trying their best to make a society that would cleanse everyone of responsibilty of their own actions, no matter how bad they may be. Think about it, it's happening.

Back to the guy who ran, the scientist Charles Darwin has a certain theory which makes this kind of occurance make sense, and unfortunately said, usefull to society in a positive way.

Ciao, Steve G.

Remember folks, that's only an internet forum. Half the stuff may be complete BS and the other half maybe there just to wind people up.

1 thing that has changed over the years with Cops, is their attitudes. They used to have the discretionary power to either charge you or let you off. My brother retired a couple of years ago, after being a Cop since he was 19 years old. He served for 30 years. The thing he told me was that now most of the new cops are scared to make their own decisions for fear of making a wrong one which jeopordizes their careers :blush:

Great! Cops who won't make a decision :blush: So, they stick by the book because they don't have the guts to do something that makes sense.

The other thing I've noticed is that there seems to be a lot more weight lifting type Cops out there. Which also makes me wonder about steroid use. Some of them have the tempermanent of a pit bull. Plus, a lot of Police forces are having a hard time recruiting people, they have a quota of visible minorities to hire, so it makes me wonder if the standards have dropped. Instead of hiring people with common sense it's now more important to have a degree in anything :doh:

....and nowadays you can have your dog to get a degree in something or other, like carpentry or social "science".

Lower Mainland cops are very big on steroids. Thats their daily staple now.

About decision making is not all true. Many are mean on their own account.

....and nowadays you can have your dog to get a degree in something or other, like carpentry or social "science".

Lower Mainland cops are very big on steroids. Thats their daily staple now.

About decision making is not all true. Many are mean on their own account.

43199[/snapback]

Exactly what I was thinking. VPD seems to have some real losers in it. The biggest being their Chief. I've seen some of these bozos in action and every time I hear of police brutality I tend to believe it happened. Then there's the usual cover up.

I have to laugh to myself when Cops stop me for speeding while on the bike. Some of them go into this act of being really upset and you'd think you had just committed murder. Get a grip ffs!! 10, 20 or even 30kph over the limit is NOT the end of the world :bbblll: The sad thing is that the Cops are even brainwashed into thinking that SPEED KILLS!!!!!!!!! :doh:

Everyone knows it's the sudden stop that does the damage :cheese: