Stupidest bike name

Admin Jaap

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Suzuki, V-Strom, Cavalcade and they continue to use Katana on a bike that couldn't resemble the original Katana less.

Yamaha-The scooter they call the Majesty. I sat on the thing and said, this isn't bad. Then I looked at the name and jumped off!!!!! V-Star...????????????

Honda-We call them a 919. You call them a Hornet.

Kawasaki-Can we give the Ninja name a rest after what, 20 years now?

I'm still not sure about Multistrada and Monster either. Of course most people can't pronounce any of the Guzzi models' names :P

Fat Boy :blink::homer: Someone told me that name came from the bomb that was dropped in Japan in WWII. I find it hard to believe that a corporation would have such poor taste.

Victory "Vegas" :blush: Las Vegas has no redeeming features other than the sunny weather.

Fat Boy :blink:  :homer: Someone told me that name came from the bomb that was dropped in Japan in WWII.  I find it hard to believe that a corporation would have such poor taste.

43423[/snapback]

Actually, it's a concatenation of the names of the two bombs dropped on Japan that ended WWII; "Fat Man" & "Little Boy" [iirc, Fat Man was the plutonium bomb with an imploded sphere design; Little Boy was the linear accelerated-core design using virtually the entire world supply at that time of enriched uranium...]

Given that the Fat Boy was intended to have the same devastating impact upon the Japanese stranglehold of the world motorcycle market as the atomic bombs had upon their desire to prolong the inevitable end to WWII [and indeed, did so!], the choice of names was both prophetic & appropriate.

"Poor taste" is in the eye of the beholder, I guess. :food:

;)

Well I was thinking "Hayabusa" until I saw the vote for "Rune" above.

43427[/snapback]

I think a Hayabusa is a Japanese hawk/eagle/falcon so the name is pretty cool - just sounds funny in the original language.

My vote goes for bad is 'Volusia'. My favorite is, of course, LeMans, but I've always liked the name 'SuperHawk' - since the mid-60s.

Tim

I know it's some famous hill race in Italy but....BALLABIO sounds silly for the name of a bike :huh:

43438[/snapback]

I'll second that - it sounds like a cross between ... never mind :blink: