Stupidest bike name

Admin Jaap

Rune, prune, somebody bring me a macaroon. The bike was obviously designed for the smaller weener crowd maybe the name has special significance for them.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More than that! Griso is not a noun in Italian slang. Not at all. It is the First Name of a character in the famous 9th century Italian Novel "I Promessi Sposi" by Alessandro Manzoni.

The tale of the book is set in the Lake of Como area and il Griso is the tough, mean and cruel bodyguard of the evil Don Rodrigo (sort of the Godfather of the times :-) ).  I think it is quite a cool name for a bike.

G.

PS: Breva in Spanish means pussy... That's why it is called STR 750 over there.

43544[/snapback]

I bet the italians know Breva means Pussy ;)

Guest ratchethack

My vote: The Whizzer Motorbike. Some say it was known in Boston as the "Wicked Pisser". Definitely a contender. But when I was 12, I thought mine was pretty cool... :blink:

Guest george in vancouver
More than that! Griso is not a noun in Italian slang. Not at all. It is the First Name of a character in the famous 9th century Italian Novel "I Promessi Sposi" by Alessandro Manzoni.

The tale of the book is set in the Lake of Como area and il Griso is the tough, mean and cruel bodyguard of the evil Don Rodrigo (sort of the Godfather of the times :-) ).  I think it is quite a cool name for a bike.

G.

PS: Breva in Spanish means pussy... That's why it is called STR 750 over there.

43544[/snapback]

"It is hard,` replied Griso, resting one foot on the top step, `it is hard to be greeted with reproaches after having laboured faithfully, and endeavoured to do one`s duty, at the risk of one`s life."

Perhaps a literary allusion to Piaggio from the Guzzi factory?

http://www.underthesun.cc/Classics/Manzoni...etrothed13.html

George

Ducati has had a good run at unappealing names - at least to me.

The 'Cucciolo'. A puppy.

The 'Diana'. A goddess.

The 'Darmah'. A tiger.

Maybe they would have worked better in English.

I liked it when they changed to a simple formula using category and displacement, ie 750 GT, Sport and Super Sport.