fbf fender eliminator/ tekno bags

richard100t

I was thinking about getting the fbf eliminator kit, so I looked at my bike. The tekno bag mounts are attached to the rear fender! Will I have to remove the bags & brackets to have the eliminator kit? What a shame! I love those bags too....I plan on travelling this summer. Any advice or thoughts on this?

The stays on the rear fender are just to keep the frames held apart. You could probably just run a rod all the way across to accomplish the same thing, although you might have to cut the existing stays.

it would go from |--o o--|

to |-------|

(not to scale)

don't you just love ascii art....

Jason

I decided two use two bars. It takes out the sideways movement, completely and that helps to keep the welds intact.

Don't blame you, my standard mount broke one of its welds.

120_2013.jpg

The reweld only lasted a couple of days, so was replaced with an L shaped braceing piece, ugly but effective.

Sorry no pic - going out to rectify

IMG_0969.jpg

Oops need a touch of rust proofing.

Edited by Martin Barrett

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ckamin

Here is a suggestion... Take a dremel or rotary tool with a cutting wheel and cut off the lower 4-5 inches of the mudguard/splashshield below the license plate. It'll save you the money of the relocation kit, clean up the rearend, and retain the mounting supports for the bags.

Here is a suggestion... Take a dremel or rotary tool with a cutting wheel and cut off the lower 4-5 inches of the mudguard/splashshield below the license plate. It'll save you the money of the relocation kit, clean up the rearend, and retain the mounting supports for the bags.

45876[/snapback]

Yeah... Like he said... took me about 30 minutes, and cleans rear right up. I also relocated the botom reflector and kept original plate bracket.

• 2 weeks later...