Wet Rosso

Guest mandello

Pull the plug leads off and dry inside the connector and around the plug. Leave the bike to dry out for a while. If it's a wet day, wheel in into the house and dry it there.

Washing is overrate :D

As with the engine room in a car

protected ignition and other open electrical pasrt

before applying high water pressures.

BTW Tex new sig-image is from the Swedish film Kopps

triggerhips6uo.gif

Funny movie:

http://swedish.imdb.com/title/tt0339230/

kopps.jpgkopps.jpg

if for nothing else check out the female lead, Eva Röse:

rose_eva.jpg

I don't know if it is an "understanding" per se(you know, like Guido will come by and break your knees if you do) :rolleyes:

But I never use the "jet stream" setting on my garden hose to wash or rinse the bike.... any bike, or as TX points out, even my Chevy's engine. I certainly never have used a high pressure washer, as yes, this can be disastrous for electronics, bearings, and such.

I use a gentle fan of water spray, then wash by hand with a sponge-thing after a brief soak with my soap of choice... then fan spray off, and wipe down with an old towel. It takes about 15 minutes, and I never spray the instruments directly, and have them covered with an old shop towel.

It seems to have worked well so far.

al

I have a pressure washer at work I use to get the grime off the engine casing and the wheel's sometimes the tank(works great) but I stay clear of the forks driveshaft and the electronics to be safe. I wash everything else with soft sponge or a clean towel. let drip dry a breif min then towel it off, Keeps'er lookin purdy for a good 2 weeks at least without driving it in any rain or wet conditions. :thumbsup: pressure washer can be friend just have to use it wisely.

:ninja:

Washing is overrate  :D

As with the engine room in a  car

protected ignition and other open electrical pasrt

before applying high water pressures.

BTW Tex new sig-image is from the Swedish film Kopps

triggerhips6uo.gif

Funny movie:

http://swedish.imdb.com/title/tt0339230/

kopps.jpgkopps.jpg

If you ever get the chance to watch "Kopps" then go for it. It's absolutely hilarious. The producer, Josef Fares, is also responsible for the movie "Yalla Yalla", a movie about a foreigner's problems getting integrated in Sweden.

Both movies are highly recommendable!

Søren

PS: Eva Röse is a dish.....

Guest Nogbad
I'm sure the list of chicks you "wouldn't do" is a lot lot shorter than the "do" category tex.  :grin:

45488[/snapback]

I reckon he could write that list on the back of a postage stamp in 10 foot high letters.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mandello

Hey there just thought that i would post a reply to you all that posted messages reagarding the washing of my Rosso. I have since had this looked at by AMPS in Auckland and they discovered that the throttle control sensor was faulty and have since replaced. Am fully stoked with the service i have recevied from them and they even washed my bike. :grin: maybe this may be of assitance to any one that has encountered the same problem.