Tank bra

richard100t

Can anyone tell me where I can get a good tank bra to fit my v11 at least half the tank? I couldnt find one for a Guzzi on Ebay :huh2: I'm thinking about getting a pair of Gore Tex Cordura armored pants & I dont want to abrade that pretty Mandello red paint :!:

I'd like to know also, I think guzzi's have the most unique tank design out there (at least rather unique) and that makes it hard for manfg to make a bra for a struggling motorcycle company I've been looking but just opted for a thick tank pad for now. anyone find anything by all means let me know about it as well

:ninja:

one of the local v11 riders just traded in his 01 v11 sport on a Breva. He offered me his tank cover as it didn't go with the bike. It is a full tank bra and looks quite good. I don't know who made it but it is made for the tank. Seen very little use.

If interested drop me a line and I'll see if I can track him down. No idea on price.

cheers,

Rj

Guest motomaniac

I've used the clear static vinyl and was pleased with it. I cut two large pieces to protect the area on the sides of the tank where my knees rub.

I even found some black vinyl to use on the crotch area of the tank to extend the black factory stripe from the fuel lid down to the seat without having to paint.

http://www.competitionaccessories.com sells a film from 3M called Targa Tank Saver #27-702 is a universal 4 piece cover for $12.99 while #27-703 is a 12 x 12 sheet for $19.99

I picked up a protector strip like Pro Grip 5005 at Mid Ohio Vintage days last year for $15.00 that had a Moto Guzzi emblem at the top. It protects the tank from zipper scratches.