The AMU's mechanicals are sited in the rear wheel. The idea seems to be to create more space in the vehicle by putting the engine inside a monster wheel!

50443[/snapback]

DAaaang, that's a LOT of unsprung weight! :wacko:

The bike is called the Monotrace and is a 2004 model although it started back in 2001. The girl sitting in it is Xenia Markova and she is not telling her age.

The Monotrace uses an 'Autonomous Motor Unit' design and the engine is a 150 hp Yamaha R1. The bike weighs 300 kg.

It seems Belfastguzzi has found the most information but he didn't get the name of the bike or model. Perhaps we could use the poll forum to vote on who gets the point!

In that case:

it is the 'Autonomous Motor Unit'.

OZ is the company working on this.

It was shown at the Geneva Motor Show.

The AMU's mechanicals are sited in the rear wheel. The idea seems to be to create more space in the vehicle by putting the engine inside a monster wheel! This stuff is invented for Sbarro by the O·Z design staff. Sbarro and O·Z are proposing three prototypes on three different road configurations (super sports, motorcycle and three-wheeled vehicle).

"The motor, a 160 CV four-cylinder motorcycle engine with five valves, water radiator, two fans, the four-in-one exhaust tube, gas tank, suspension with an excursion of 12 cm, is contained in a single wheel. We can envision weights and performance: the prototype doesn't weigh over 200 kg, I think, and on the road, it can travel at the speed of the motorcycle from which the engine comes." Adriano Gasparin, chief of the O·Z Styling Centre, illustrates the Italian share of the project: "a 23" flange, mounted on a 720 mm disk, to reach a diameter of 28", as requested by Sbarro, makes up the technological framework of the wheel, with a special tyre produced by Rupp in collaboration with Michelin, to cover the width of the motor and its components.

Most specifically and importantly, the bike is called the Monotrace and is a 2004 model although it started back in 2001. The girl sitting in it is Xenia Markova and she is not telling her age to HJ, though she told me.

The Monotrace uses an 'Autonomous Motor Unit' design and the engine is a 150 hp Yamaha R1. The bike weighs 300 kg and a bit less without the model.

50443[/snapback]

Hey HJ, are you sure that you read my answer properly? Maybe you didn't see the bit at the bottom? :grin:

I asked her this morning over breakfast.

DOB - July 19, 1985 makes her.... almost 20.

measurements: 75-59-85 that's metric fer ya 'mericans.

shoe size: euro 39, US 8

fueled by money and cocaine, and more money. Oh, and money.

Rj

She said not to tell Jim... ssshhh!

• 10 months later...
Is there a time limit on these for giving out quiz points?

81404[/snapback]

Not in my book there's not.

over 12 moths

81404[/snapback]

Anyone who's got over 12 moths is alright in my book, so they are.