Cross Overs

Guest philbo

Al, Do you have more details on the out of spec FBF crossovers?

I have heard of many more problems with the Stucchi crossovers, of course many more Stucchis than FBFs appear to be sold.

Notably the criticism of the Stucchi straightness comes from you, JRT, and Ratchethack.

The only thing bad that I have heard about the FBF crossovers is on the ones for the Guzzi cruisers and not for the spine frame bike's crossovers.

I have seen no evidence that the FBF crossover produces any less power.

And it is alot cheaper, and from what you say, possibly lighter.

Guest philbo
Let us know when you are going to visit John T. at Dyno solutions.  Perhaps we will make a day of it. 

DW

45176[/snapback]

I'd be happy to - do you live in the area?

Al, Do you have more details on the out of spec FBF crossovers?

I have heard of many more problems with the Stucchi crossovers, of course many more Stucchis than FBFs appear to be sold.

Notably the criticism of the Stucchi straightness comes from you, JRT, and Ratchethack.

The only thing bad that I have heard about the FBF crossovers is on the ones for the Guzzi cruisers and not for the spine frame bike's crossovers.

I have seen no evidence that the FBF crossover produces any less power.

And it is alot cheaper, and from what you say, possibly lighter.

45192[/snapback]

As I mentioned, other than a photo of an FBF I saw some time back, I know nothing about FBF reliability, etc :huh2:

Perhaps you misunderstood my prior post, but the irregularities I was referring to were in regard to the Stucchi, not the FBF. Several owners have received slightly crooked Stucchi crossovers, but if one simply asks someone like MG Cycle to check the crossover on a flat sheet of glass(or similar) before shipping, they can usually weed out the crooked ones.

I haven't heard of any grossly out of spec Stucchis in a long while now though.

But again, they are built like a tank :thumbsup:

al

anyone have some dimesions that I could have one fabricated? I don't care it would be easier for him to make the H pipe but if the X pipe is better anyone know the possible sizes that are used? or should I just measure my exhaust and have him make it out of the closest metal I can find? I guess I don't know exactly how to go about this if he wouldn't have moved to florida I'd just go over to his house and get it done. :doh:

anyone have some dimesions that I could have one fabricated? I don't care it would be easier for him to make the H pipe but if the X pipe is better anyone know the possible sizes that are used? or should I just measure my exhaust and have him make it out of the closest metal I can find? I guess I don't know exactly how to go about this if he wouldn't have moved to florida I'd just go over to his house and get it done.  :doh:

45227[/snapback]

I suppose you could use your stock cross-over for input-output pipe locations & dimensions, as for the middle, it's a siamese kiss in the middle :luigi: easier said then done, I'm sure -_-

possibly. but he's welded every kind of pipe you can imagine that even have to be high pressure tight so I imagine a little crossover to be well within his means I'd just need to tell him the schematics and the stock to use. :luigi: ah I'm on it, slowly :whistle:

Perhaps you misunderstood my prior post, snip

45219[/snapback]

Yep. Thanks for the clarification.

And I think you make a good point about the Stucchi being built like a tank.

I can't imagine anything being stronger, which is a big plus for me since I have had to go to a welder for both my Quat-D and my stock crossover.

The only thing holding me back from getting the Stucchi is the desire for an under gearbox set up.

.....so are you suggesting I am a quantity versus quality kinda guy  :(

;)

45144[/snapback]

I was busy riding my new R1 :bike: so sorry for a late answer:

Al, you are definitely master of quantity but let me stress that for me and many others, I'm sure, there is absolutely no doubt that your posts are very informative, useful and entertaining.

Huge quantity does not always mean lack of quality. Just keep it going, Al, we like you.